Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, seafood chowder. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Seafood Chowder is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Seafood Chowder is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook seafood chowder using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Chowder:
- Prepare 1 cup celery chopped (about 3 stalks, I use 4)
- Get 1 onion (1.5 to 2 cups) chopped
- Get 4 cups potatoes (around 4 med potatoes)
- Prepare Two-thirds of a package of Hormel cured salt pork cut cubed
- Get 1 tsp onion powder
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp dried thyme
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 4 tbs butter
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper
- Make ready 1 smoked pork shank
- Take 1 package lobster imitation chunks
- Get Half a package of seafood mix
- Get 2-3 cans chopped clams with juice
- Prepare 10 large jumbo shrimp
- Make ready 2 small tilapia fillets (optional)
Instructions to make Seafood Chowder:
- I prep everything beforehand it makes everything so much easier. I cut my potatoes put them in a container. I cut my celery and onions and put them in a separate container. I also cut up my salt pork and pork shank in a separate container ready to go as well.
- Heat salt pork, celery and onions, thyme, garlic and onion powder on medium-high heat until translucent stirring consistently to even out flavor and make sure the salt pork breaks up. About 8 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons of butter and potatoes, smoked shank and tsp salt & cook for another 3 minutes. Picture of those flavors and incorporate together.
- Then add both cans with juice of your clams. Stir for a minute
- Add 1 quart of half and half two bay leaves. I add a whole package of my lobster imitation meat, one cup of shrimp (about 6 to 10 large jumbo shrimp) and two cups (about half package) of my Seafood mixture mix. Bring to boil.
- Stir well, once boiling reduce heat to medium cover and let simmer until potatoes are fully cooked through. Adjust as needed
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food seafood chowder recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!