Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, creamy pig’s cheeks & assorted alliums casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have creamy pig’s cheeks & assorted alliums casserole using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole:
- Get 3 tbsp plain flour
- Take Salt (sea salt preferred)
- Prepare Ground black pepper
- Prepare 12 pig’s cheeks
- Get 50 ml rapeseed oil (cold-pressed recommended)
- Get 35 g butter (I use unsalted)
- Prepare 1 red onion, sliced into half-moons
- Make ready 2 banana shallots, sliced
- Prepare 2 leeks, sliced
- Get 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Get 25 ml runny honey
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Take 1 tsp dried thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Take 250 ml dry white wine
- Take 250 ml chicken stock
- Take 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Take 1 heaped tbsp mustard (Dijon or wholegrain, as preferred)
- Make ready 150 ml double cream
Instructions to make Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole:
- Season the flour and roll the pig’s cheeks in it to cover lightly.
- Bring 30 ml of the oil up to a medium heat in your casserole dish and brown the pig’s cheeks. Set aside and use a very little of the wine to deglaze your casserole if necessary.
- Gently fry the red onion in the butter and remaining oil for 2 minutes, then add the shallots, leeks and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring gently, for a further 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Add the honey, bay leaves, thyme and smoked paprika, stir gently but thoroughly.
- Once the vegetables become sticky, add back the pig’s cheeks and stir in the wine and stock. Add a pinch more salt and the cayenne pepper. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat until everything is tender, about 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 hours. Stir very occasionally. You shouldn’t need to add liquid but, if it looks like getting dry, add a little more stock or wine: not too much though.
- Remove the pig’s cheeks and keep warm. Bring the sauce back to the boil, gradually stir in the cream and mustard and cook for a further 5 or so minutes until it’s a nice golden mixture. Replace the pig’s cheeks and, stirring gently but frequently, quickly warm through.
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates with the accompaniments of your choice. Today we had boiled potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots. We find that, with everything else, two pig’s cheeks is a decent portion but do have three each if really hungry! Sometimes we have a little reheated sauce with bread for lunch the following day.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food creamy pig’s cheeks & assorted alliums casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!