Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, crispy pork belly with chilli caramel. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook crispy pork belly with chilli caramel using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Make ready MASTERSTOCK:
- Make ready 400 ml light soy
- Get 400 ml dark soy
- Get 500 ml chinese cooking wine
- Get 400 g brown sugar
- Prepare 6 garlic cloves, brused
- Take 4 cloves
- Prepare 6 star anise
- Get 3 cinnamon quils
- Make ready 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Take 3 L water
- Take 2 small knobs ginger, bruised
- Prepare 1/2 bunch spring onion
- Make ready 2 kg pork belly, skin and bones removed
- Get CHILLI CARAMEL:
- Take 50 g long red chilli, finely sliced
- Get 200 g coconut sugar
- Prepare 100 g palm sugar
- Take 125 ml water
- Make ready 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Get 1 tbs sea salt
- Make ready 2 tbs fish sauce
- Make ready 20 g ginger, finely julienned
Instructions to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Masterstock: Put everything except the pork belly into a large stockpot into which the belly will fit snugly.
- Bring to the simmer and add the belly. Use a plate to submerge the belly.
- Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until tender. If the tip of the sharp knife goes through the meat easily. It is done. Let cool slightly. Carefully lift the belly out.
- Sandwich between two trays, skin side down, with a heavy weight on top and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Bring the stock back to a boil to sterilize. Cool and store. The stock can be reused by topping up extra seasoning and spice.
- The next day, trim the pork belly and cut into 2 1/2 cm cubes.
- Chilli Caramel: Soak and sliced chilies in a container of warm water. The majority of seed will sink to the bottom. Discard the water and the seeds.
- Bring all the ingredients to simmer in a pot. Simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
- To Finish: Fry the cubed pork belly in 180 C vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Warm up enough of the chilli caramel to coat pork belly. Toss the belly in a chilli caramel until well coated.
- Scatter over the coriander to garnish
- Serve with the Nam Pla Phrik on the side.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food crispy pork belly with chilli caramel recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!