Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cheesy pasta bake with turkey, fennel & thyme. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook cheesy pasta bake with turkey, fennel & thyme using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme:
- Take 225 g rigatoni pasta,
- Prepare 375 g 7% fat turkey thigh mince meat,
- Get 200 ml tomato passata,
- Make ready 1 small onion, chopped,
- Prepare 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped coarsely,
- Make ready 1 tbsp tomato puree paste,
- Take 2 tsp dried thyme,
- Get 1.5 tsp fennel seeds,
- Prepare Cracked black pepper, to season,
- Make ready 1 tsp sugar,
- Make ready Salt to season and for pasta cooking water,
- Make ready Vegetable oil for frying
- Get To top:
- Make ready 60 g Grated mature cheddar cheese (I used 30% less fat)
Steps to make Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme:
- Add oil to a medium saucepan and once hot add in the onions and begin to gently fry, turn down the heat a little. After frying until turning translucent add in the turkey mince meat. Fry off until almost cooked through then season well with salt and plenty of cracked black pepper. Take the fennel seeds and grind them in a mortar and pestle.
- Add in the ground fennel seeds plus the thyme. Stir through. Next add the tomato paste and the passata. Stir through. Bring to a simmer. Add in the sugar and stir through. Simmer on a medium low heat.
- Begin to cook the pasta according to packet instructions in salted water. Preheat your oven to 180 (fan). Once the pasta is almost cooked remove from the heat and drain off the water. Take your oven proof dish and spoon in the pasta then add the sauce. Gently mix through until the pasta is coated evenly.
- Scatter over your grated cheese then place in the hot oven and cook for around 10 minutes. Then to finish place beneath a hot grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve up and enjoy! :)
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cheesy pasta bake with turkey, fennel & thyme recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!