Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, fenugreek dessert. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. This fenugreek seed curry also known as Vendhaya Kuzhambu (in Tamil) is a well-known dish among Tamil people. Fenugreek is an herb and supplement that has many benefits for your health.
Fenugreek dessert is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Fenugreek dessert is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook fenugreek dessert using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fenugreek dessert:
- Prepare 2 cups coarse semolina
- Take 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- Make ready half cup white sugar
- Prepare half cup vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Get 1 tablespoon anise seeds
- Make ready 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Take 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Get 1 TSP black seed
- Take 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Take 3 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- Get for the syrup: 3 cups dark brown sugar
- Get for the syrup: one and half cups of water
- Get for the syrup 1 TSP Orange flower water
- Prepare for the syrup juice of half a lemon
Steps to make Fenugreek dessert:
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water covered.
- Next day discard the soaking water. Add fresh water to the seeds and boil over low heat for one hour
- Keep a cup of the water used for boiling the fenugreek. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Allow fenugreek to cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve 3 cups dark brown sugar into one and half cups water.
- Let the syrup boil and reduce till slightly thick.
- Add 1 TSP of orange flower water and the juice of half a lemon.
- Let cool for use later in the recipe.
- In a large bowl,mix the semolina, flour, sugar, yeast and the spices.
- Then add the vegetable oil, fenugreek and the water (kept from boiling fenugreek) into the mixture. Knead well.
- Let the dough rest for one hour.
- Then spread it in a pan covered with 2 tablespoons of tahina.
- Cut the dough into diagonal shapes. Let it rest for another hour.
- Put into 180 degrees oven for 45 minutes till the top is nicely browned.
- Pour on top (while still peeping hot) cold brown sugar syrup.
- Let to rest covered overnight, then serve for breakfast.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
Fenugreek, fenugreek seeds, sweets, fenugreek dessert, fenugreek sweets, semolina cake with feenugreek, semolina, sugar syrup, arabic sweets recipes. Fenugreek is an herb and supplement that has many benefits for your health. Fenugreek seeds and powder are also used in many Indian dishes for their nutritional profile and slightly sweet, nutty taste. This fenugreek seed curry also known as Vendhaya Kuzhambu (in Tamil) is a well-known dish among Tamil people. The best part of the recipe is, you don't need any particular vegetables. It has an astringent taste and a slight bitterness that many people. What is fenugreek, AKA methi seeds? We explain the key benefits and side effects of this herbal supplement SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. What Are the Health Benefits of Fenugreek? Includes a quick video and an infographic to get you started. Fenugreek is native to central and south Asia (predominantly India). It is one of the oldest staple remedial plants with a myriad of benefits. Methi or Fenugreek leaves is one of the healthiest greens that you can include in your meals. Fenugreek seeds are one of the staple spices used in Indian cooking, with a sweet, nutty flavor reminiscent of maple syrup and burnt sugar. Fenugreek or Methi Seeds, come from a plant that is known for its use as herb. Fenugreek powder, also known as methi, is an herb that has long been used in India and North Africa. Fenugreek is most widely used in Indian cuisine, though it's also found in North African and Middle Eastern dishes. The ground seeds are often used in curry powder, spices. From easy Fenugreek recipes to masterful Fenugreek preparation techniques, find Fenugreek ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Fenugreek (/ˈfɛnjʊɡriːk/; Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae, with leaves consisting of three small obovate to oblong leaflets.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food fenugreek dessert recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!