Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷:
- Take 1 very large onion chopped very finely
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 3 tbs vegetables Rice Bran Oil
- Take 2 pounds ground Beef chuck or lamb
- Get 3-4 tbs worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 1 cup red wine
- Take 2 cups crushed tomatoes (or 1/4 cup italian tomato passata)
- Make ready 1 1/4 cups beef stock (3 tbs beef bouillon/stock cubes * Step 2
- Prepare add about 1/2 cup of water to adjust liquid)
- Make ready 4 fresh bay leaves
- Make ready 4 medium carrots peeled chopped small cubed (cooked)
- Make ready 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- Get 1 cup frozen peas (cooked)
- Get 1 handful fresh Flat Parsley, chopped finely
- Make ready 1 small stalk fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- Get 1/4 cup all purpose-flour dissolved in 1/4 cup cold vegetables's water
- Get To serve with: steam hot rice Jasmine
- Prepare or with Roast Pumpkins
- Make ready MASHED POTATOES:
- Get 4-5 large potatoes (preferable less starch), peeled, sliced
- Get 3 tbs butter
- Prepare 1 cup whole milk
- Take 3 tbs cream (optional)
- Get to taste Salt and grinded black pepper
- Prepare 1 medium red onions,🌰chopped finely
- Get Top of minced beef: 🧀1cup (8 oz) grated Cheddar Cheese
Instructions to make Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.Heat oil in a large wok (or large frying pan)over medium heat.Add onions & cook until slightly translucent.Add ground meat,cook meat with onions stirring constantly to make sure you're cooking all the meat evenly.Once the meat is all brown&you see it's juices filling the pan then sprinkle salt over the top&with wooden spoon break the lumps, then add red wine, mix &stir for 8', then add bay leaves,1stalk rosemary, celery, garlic, black pepper & parsley. Mix all and
- Turn heat down to low to simmer. Add 1/4 cup Italian Tomato Passata (or whole tomato 1can), 1 1/4 cup beef stock, 2 beef stock cubes and add solution of 1 tbs flour for thicken. Combine everything well. Season with salt & pepper. Let simmer for 20' put the lid on, checking and stirring occasionally. *adjust liquid as needed, adding water in small intervals (you don't want this to dry, but you also don't want to make soup). While the meat cooks make the mashed potatoes.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Place potatoes in a double pot pan, below is the pan that has 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat until potatoes are tender about 20'. Drain in colander, put the potatoes to a bowl, add 3 tbs butter to melt, salt n pepper, 1 cup milk & 3 tbs cream (option).Mash until smooth & creamy, 🌰add red onions, salt & pepper, lastly on top add 1cup grated cheese (I'll do that later on). Cover with gladwrap and put to side until ready to use.
- In another saucepan boil the chopped carrots in 1/2cup water & pinch of salt for 5'. Add the frozen peas and cook for further 2'. Turn off. Tipp mixture of carrots & peas into the wok over the minced beef mixture, with the big spoon mix well. Turn off the heat, remove wok from the stove.
- Assembly: Remove the bay leaves&the rosemary stalk from the minced beef mixture.Grease base&sides of a deep rectangular 13inch x 9inch ovenproof baking dish with oil or melted butter.Add the cooked minced beef mixture on the bottom dish,in an even layer.On top I sprinkle 1cup grated cheese.Then on top of cheese I add the mashed potatoes,spread them evenly over the whole dish with a rubber spatula.Cover the whole dish with another 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese and spread them with a rubber spatula.
- Put the baking dish in the oven in the middle rack and let it cook for 15'-20' (or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown).(I don't like it overcook) Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve with a steam of hot rice and roast pumpkins or any veges that you have in the fridge.👼👪 enjoy.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pie😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!