Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, couscous with roasted vegetables and grilled pork belly. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook couscous with roasted vegetables and grilled pork belly using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly:
- Get 2 Mediterranean style vegetable trays
- Prepare Drizzle of olive oil
- Get to taste Salt
- Take to taste Ground black pepper
- Make ready 4 garlic cloves, whole, peeled
- Make ready 3 cups vegetable stock
- Take 2 cups couscous
- Make ready Bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Make ready 3-4 pork belly slices
- Take Chilli flakes (optional)
- Make ready A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Make ready to taste Paprika
- Take Pinch garlic granules/powder
Steps to make Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly:
- Firstly marinade the pork belly in salt, pepper, garlic granules and a pinch of chilli flakes. Cover and place in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Next preheat oven to 200c. Toss the vegetables in olive oil. Add the garlic cloves whole (2 in each tray) and a few sprigs of thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: You can make your own roasted vegetables by chopping red and yellow peppers, courgettes, red onions and by adding cherry tomatoes and following the same steps, just remember to add a baking sheet to the tray before spreading the vegetables to stop the vegetables sticking to the tray.
- Roast the vegetables for about 40-50 minutes (times vary) until they are soft and slightly browned. Stirr the vegetables a couple of times whilst baking.
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare the couscous.
- I used to 2 vegetable stock cubes to make the stock. Bring the stock cubes and water to boiling point, covering it with a lid.
- Once the water is boiling and stock cubes have dissolved add the couscous and cover with the lid once again and let the couscous sit undisturbed for at least 10 minutes. Then using a fork fluff the couscous.
- In the meantime, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the pork belly for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes once cooked.
- Once vegetables are cooked remove the garlic and roughly chopped. Discard the thyme sprigs.
- Combine the vegetables, garlic, couscous and parsley. Toss together well to combine. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Plate the couscous and vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Slice the pork belly thinly and top the couscous. Serve immediately.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food couscous with roasted vegetables and grilled pork belly recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!