Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, anchovy flavored eggplant on toast. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Anchovy Flavored Eggplant on Toast is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Anchovy Flavored Eggplant on Toast is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have anchovy flavored eggplant on toast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Anchovy Flavored Eggplant on Toast:
- Take 2 slice Sliced bread
- Make ready 1 Eggplant (slim Japanese type)
- Make ready 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Take 2 ＊ Anchovy filets (in oil)
- Prepare 3 tbsp ＊Mayonnaise
- Get 1/2 clove ＊Grated garlic
- Make ready 1 Basil or parsley
Steps to make Anchovy Flavored Eggplant on Toast:
- Cut the stem end off the eggplant, and slice as thinly as possible (about 3mm thick). Toast the bread.
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of salt in 400 ml of water, and soak the sliced eggplant for a while.
- Chop up the anchovy filets finely, and mix together with the other ＊ ingredients.
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan, drain and dry the eggplant slices and line them up in the frying pan. When the slices are lightly browned on both sides, take them out and leave them to cool down a bit.
- Note: Since the eggplants will continue cooking a bit with residual heat, I've layered them on the plate on purpose.
- Spread the mayonnaise sauce on the toast.
- Top with the eggplant slices and chopped basil (or parsley), and it's done.
- You can also turn this into sandwiches with cucumber, lettuce, avocado, etc.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food anchovy flavored eggplant on toast recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!