Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jamaican saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jamaican Saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱 is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Jamaican Saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱 is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook jamaican saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱 using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱:
- Make ready For the dumplings
- Make ready 1 cup your choice of flour (traditionally plain white)
- Make ready Enough water to make a stiff dough
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (optional depending on your flour)
- Take Pinch salt
- Get For the soup
- Get 1 wedge of pumpkin
- Prepare 1-2 scotch bonnet peppers
- Prepare 1 sprig Thyme
- Get 2 spring onions
- Take 1 wedge of yam
- Prepare 2 parsnips
- Prepare 2 Sweet potatoes
- Get 1 wedge of cabbage
- Get A few medium white or yellow potatoes
- Get 2 Carrots
- Make ready 1 handful greens
- Prepare 1/2 cup red lentils
- Get 1 Bay leaf
- Prepare 2 cloves Garlic
- Prepare 1 thumb ginger
- Prepare Pinch celery salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp garlic or onion powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp allspice
- Take 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- Get 1 leek
- Take 1-2 onions
- Get 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Steps to make Jamaican Saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱:
- Combine the flour and water until they bake a stiff dough. Knead for a few minutes, cover and allow the dough to rest.
- Wash the lentils and boil until the froth rises. Skim and remove. Peel the veggies keeping in large chunks and keeping the potatoes whole. Crush or chop the garlic and ginger and add to the water along with the bay and spice powders.
- Add the veggies to the pan (apart fro the greens) and bring to a simmer.
- Form the dough into spinners and sinkers. The spinners should be rolled into little long dumplings and the sinkers into flat rounds. This is nice for children to make and the more rustic the nicer they taste! Pop them into the pan pot to boil.
- Add the scotch bonnets and thyme to the top of the pan and cover with enough water or stock. Bring the pot to a lively simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Ladle into bowls baking sure everyone gets a spinner and a sinker.
Your daily diet should include at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food jamaican saturday soup with spinners and sinkers 🌱 recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!