Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, methi dane laddu (fenugreek seeds laddu). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have methi dane laddu (fenugreek seeds laddu) using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Methi Dane Laddu (Fenugreek seeds Laddu):
- Get 200 gms Methi seeds
- Take 80-100 gms Edible gum/badam pisin(gondh)
- Make ready 1 & 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- Make ready 1/2 cup Besan
- Take 1 cup Cashew nut powder
- Get 1 cup Badam powder
- Get 1/2 cup Pista powder
- Take 1/2 cup walnut powder
- Get 1 cup Dry dates powder
- Take 1 cup Dry coconut grated
- Take 50 gms Khuskhus
- Make ready 50 gms Dry ginger
- Take 25 gms Pepper
- Get 2-3 tsp Jeera
- Take 1 stick Mulethi/ yestimadhu/ athimadhuram
- Make ready 10 nos Pippali /thipali
- Get 1 small jaiphal/nutmeg
- Take 15 nos Elaichi
- Get 600-700 gms Jaggery grated
- Prepare 300-350 gms Ghee
Instructions to make Methi Dane Laddu (Fenugreek seeds Laddu):
- Dry roast methi seeds on very low flame only till you get a aroma, don't change it's colour.Then grind it to little coarse powder.Now take 1/2 cup ghee and mix it with Methi powder. Soak it overnight.If you soak for 2 days then also it's good so that bitterness in methi reduces.
- I soaked it for 2 nights. When you start making laddu,first in a Kadai dry roast khuskhus.Transfer it to a plate. Then dry roast grated dry coconut to light brown colour. Dry roast slightly on very low flame for about a minute, cahewnut powder,badam powder,pista and dry dates powder so that the raw smell goes. Transfer all ingredients in a plate and keep aside.
- Now add 1/4 cup ghee in thick bottom Kadai. After it melts and becomes hot add the edible gum(gondh).Add little and fry it on low flame till it pops up and turns crunchy. Fry all gondh in batches and remove it in a basin or plate.
- Now in mixer jar add roasted khuskhus,roasted dry coconut and grind it to fine powder.Add fried gondh and grind it to fine powder.
- Then in small pan add saunt(dry ginger), pepper, elaichi,pippali(thipali),jeera,mulethi and dry roast it. After it cools down grind it to a fine powder and then seive it.
- Now in the same Kadai in which we fried gondh in that add little ghee.Now add wheat flour and roast it on low medium flame till it changes to light brown colour and you get good aroma. Roast it till excess ghee starts to leave the wheat flour mixture. Remove it and add 1/2 cup besan and 2 to 3 tbsp ghee. Roast it till it changes to light pink colour and remove it aside.
- Now in a big plate transfer roasted wheat flour, besan. Add soaked methi powder to it. Mix it well.In a Kadai add 1tbsp ghee and add grated jaggery.On medium flame heat it till the Jaggery melts we don't need any string consistency syrup.
- Add this melted jaggery in the big plate where we added Methi, besan etc. After it gets warm mix it well with hands so that jaggery gets mixed everywhere.
- Now add all the dry roasted ingredients to this one by one. Add khuskhus and coconut powder.Then add grinded gondh powder and mix well.Add all roasted dry fruits powder,dry dates powder and mix well.Finally add the seived spices powder that is pepper, saunt etc to this and mix well.
- Now mix all the above ingredients well.If you feel the mixture has turned dry then add melted ghee about 1 tbsp in batches to little amount of mixture and then mix well. Then you can start making laddus. Don't add too much ghee just add little and check if you can make laddus. You will not need more than 1/4 cup or even less than that. This laddu should be small medium size.
- Eat this delicious and medicinal laddu for good bone health. This can be stored in an air tight container and has a shelf life of more than a month.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food methi dane laddu (fenugreek seeds laddu) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!