Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, ‘ikayaki’ squid okonomiyaki. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ‘ikayaki’ squid okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make ‘Ikayaki’ Squid Okonomiyaki:
- Make ready 1 Squid Tube *about 150g Squid
- Prepare 2 Eggs
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Oil
- Prepare ‘Okonomiyaki’ Sauce
- Make ready Japanese Mayonnaise
- Get <Batter>
- Get 1 & 1/4 cups Water
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder *Bonito (Katsuobushi) Type recommended
- Get 1 cup Plain Flour
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 2-3 Spring Onions *finely chopped, save some for topping
Steps to make ‘Ikayaki’ Squid Okonomiyaki:
- You can use any parts of Squid. I usually use 1 Squid Tube. Slice or cut into the size that is easy to eat.
- Combine all the Batter ingredients in a bowl. Add squid and mix well. You can make 1 large pancake OR 2 pancakes.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, pour the batter and form a large pancake. Make a hole (OR 2 holes) in the pancake and place Egg(s) in the hole(s).
- When the edges are cook and the bottom is nicely browned, flip the pancake over. As the Egg is not yet cooked at this stage, it’s the easiest to use a large plate. Slide the pancake to the plate, carefully cover it with the hot frying pan, then flip over.
- Cook until both sides are nicely browned and Squid pieces are cooked. Transfer onto a serving plate and drizzle some ‘Okonomiyaki’ Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise over, sprinkle with some chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy it hot.
See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you should consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Observing a green living eating plan will offer you just what you need for good health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ‘ikayaki’ squid okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!