Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, methi millet pilaf/fenugreek pulao. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Add cinnamon, cumin, cloves, bay leaf and cardamoms. Learn the recipe with step by photos.
Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have methi millet pilaf/fenugreek pulao using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao:
- Get 1 cup banyard millet
- Prepare 1 spoon Cumin
- Make ready 1 medium onion
- Take 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Take 2 tomatoes
- Make ready 1 potato
- Take 1 Carrot
- Make ready 1 cup methi leaves
- Make ready 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Get 1/3 cup mint leaves
- Prepare 3 tablespoon oil
- Take 1 spoon butter/ghee
- Prepare 1 tsp chilli powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Get 2 tsp coriander powder
- Take 3 tsp pao bhaji masala powder
- Take to taste Salt
Instructions to make Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao:
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and heat it. Once the oil is hot add cumin. Let it splutter. Then add chopped onion and saute for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste, and cook it for about 4 minutes, until the aroma is off. Throw in all the vegetables simultaneously and saute for a minute. Then add the chopped Methi leaves, mint leaves, and coriander leaves together. Saute until shrinks.
- Wash and add barnyard millet, and water in the ratio as millet: water = 1:(2 and a half) Then add turmeric, chilli, coriander, pao bhaji powders, and salt. Then close the lid and let it cook for two whistles
- Once the pressure is completely released by itself, open and fluff it. Using cooker is completely optional. This recipe can be done in a pan also, with half more cup of water. But it has to be checked once in a while.
- Add ghee and serve it with raita.
Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Green living equips you with a great eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
Methi pulao recipe - Quick and easy methi pulao that is healthy, delicious and goes good in lunch box. Learn the recipe with step by photos. Pour oil to a pot or pressure cooker and heat it. Add cinnamon, cumin, cloves, bay leaf and cardamoms. Methi Millet Pulao - A healthy and flavorful dish using foxtail millets, methi or fresh fenugreek leaves and spices. Millet methi pulao is a healthy Indian style main course made with foxtail millets, fresh fenugreek leaves and spices. Foxtail millet is also known as Korralu in Telugu, Thinai in Tamil. This is one of my favourite pulaos of all time. I think it is because I love methi / fenugreek leaves so much. This nutritious one pot meal is best cooked on a Sunday… Methi Pulao Recipe. How to make methi pulao: Wash methi properly and drain the water and keep aside. Heat oil in the pan and add garlic. Fenugreek Rice or Methi Pulao is a very simple yet delicious rice dish that can be had all by itself or be served with other dishes. I've been eating methi pulao since ages, but still have not got bored of it. The flavors of whole masalas,fresh herbs and the beautiful fragrance of basmati rice , is truly a blissful meal. Addition of coconut milk enhances the flavor. This is one among the best lunchbox menu that is easy to make. I love methi and its unique flavour. Although I stock up on kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves / vendhaya keerai) which is lovely for flavouring the likes of Paneer Butter Masala, Paneer The fresh leaves are best for for making Methi Paratha (which I absolutely adore) and this Methi Pulao which is. Break off the Methi leaves, wash them twice with clean water then place them vertically on a plate to remove remaining water.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food methi millet pilaf/fenugreek pulao recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!