Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef rendang - indonesian. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious. Beef Rendang - the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online! Beef rendang is one of the original cuisines of Minangkabau descent and Sumatra's culture.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have beef rendang - indonesian using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Rendang - Indonesian:
- Take 500 gr beef (I used shin beef) - cut big square (I used 250 on purpose)
- Take 400 ml coconut milk- cans (you can change half to milk, but it will taste bit different, but it will healthier)
- Prepare 400 ml coconut milk mix to 400ml water. This to make 800ml light coconut milk
- Make ready 3 kafir limes leaves (dont use the stem)
- Make ready 3 bayleaves (I only used 2 as we dont have in the house)
- Prepare 1 lemongrass cut into 3
- Take 1 turmeric leaves (omit if you dont have)
- Prepare 1 tbsp brown sugar (I used our palm sugar - gula jawa)
- Take 1 tsp tamarind paste (if you used seed one, mix in water)
- Prepare 5 tbsp coconut oil (or any) - add if need it
- Get as needed Salt (last)
- Get 1 Knorr beef cube
- Make ready 1.5 tsp white pepper
- Get Optional: Rendang paste - I used Indofood brand
- Prepare To blends in food processor with 1 tbsp oil:
- Prepare 10 Red chillies (30 gr) - cut/slice
- Get 5 Thai red chilies
- Take 3-4 shallot - cut
- Make ready 4-5 garlic
- Make ready 2 cm ginger
- Take 1 tsp galangal mince
- Get 1 tsp corriander seed/powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Prepare 2-3 candlenut (omit if you dont have)
Instructions to make Beef Rendang - Indonesian:
- In a wok, put a bit of oil and put the beef, cook just to coat them and set aside (less then 5minutes)
- In the same wok, pour the blends ingredients. You dont really need oil (but I used it) as you have mix this with the blends in low heat. No more then 5minutes.
- Add the beef into the wok, coat all the beef and stir fry for another 5-10 minutes medium heat, till you can see the oil separated a bit. Put all the leaves and lemongrass.
- Pour the light (800ml) coconut milk. Add the sugar, white pepper and knorr, a bit of salt (you can always add later, I only put 1/2 tsp) Put the heat up to medium and keep stirring till bubbling. This takes me about 20 minutes. When it bubble. Stop. Add the sachet if using, tamarind water, stirred. Turn off.
- Transfer in caserole dish (or slowcooker) closed and Oven 180c for about 2:30 hours (or until you think the beef is tender).
- Stirred and Check if it change colour and the liquid drop n thicker. Add the 400 thick coconut milk. Stirred
- Transfer it to wok, in medium heat. Stirred ccasionally every 15-20 minutes till it thicken (I used timer and did this for about 2 hours). Turn the heat off and leave it overnight. It will change its tekstur in the morning.
- This is how it look in the morning. We start the process again. Medium heat, for 20 minutes. You can see the oil separated and start bubbling. You need to keep an eye and keep stirring.
- You need to stir by scratching it from bottom, so it wont stick. when you see the bubble, you need to keep stirring every 5 minutes as otherwise the bottom will stick. (I always feel excited here as I know it almost finish!). It takes me about 20 minutes.
- After about total 40 minutes, this is how it looks like,I called it Rendang Jawa:) and this is how we usually enjoy. The real Padang rendang will take way longer to cook, and all the coconut will actually be a bit dry and stick to the meat (amazing!!). The choice is yours! I cant wait that long! Lol! Make sure you reheat everyday, if you have left over so the taste get better and better ;)
- The rendang sauce can be stored in fridge for about a week, it can be used to make nasi goreng (like Gordon Ramsay did - but I dont used kecap manis). I will post next time! Sooo delicious to be add on top of your tempe, omelet or fried egg. We can also use as sandwhich filler! The option is endless.
Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Be sure to eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. You will enjoy optimal health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can ward off diseases. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits now.
Indonesian Beef Rendang. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Beef rendang is one of the original cuisines of Minangkabau descent and Sumatra's culture. It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons. Beef Rendang - the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online! Spicy and rich Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef, spices and coconut milk. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. Traditional beef rendang is also known as the dry rendang. Back in the old days before refrigerator is common, the method of cooking. Rendang Sapi is one of the most popular dishes from Padang, West Sumatra. However, it takes a bit longer time to cook so that the beef will be soft and tender. Serve the beef rendang with hot rice. Home Indonesian Food Beef Rendang: Rendang Daging Minang Recipe. Rendang is often made from beef (or occasionally beef liver, chicken, goat, water buffalo, duck, clam, or vegetables like green. This luscious Indonesian dish, from a recipe in James Oseland's book Cradle of Flavor (W. Indonesian Beef Rendang: Indonesian Rendang has been voted as the most flavorful and delicious food on the planet several times. It also comes in many variants. Indonesian Beef Rendang (Rendang Sapi). by foodwebrecipes. I when out an purchased a cook book with a Rendang recipe in it to make sure I get it right the next time. This is the best slow cooker beef rendang recipe out there.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food beef rendang - indonesian recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!