Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, country style corn and pork belly/bacon. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Country Style Corn and Pork Belly/Bacon is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Country Style Corn and Pork Belly/Bacon is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook country style corn and pork belly/bacon using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Country Style Corn and Pork Belly/Bacon:
- Take 1/4-1/2 pound pork belly (or bacon)
- Make ready 16 oz. Package frozen corn
- Prepare 1/2 medium onion
- Take 1/2 Bell pepper optional
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves
- Take 1/4-1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper optional
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- Prepare 1 salt to taste
- Get 1 black pepper to taste
- Take 2 Tbl. Broth or water
Instructions to make Country Style Corn and Pork Belly/Bacon:
- Cut meat into bite size pieces, I'm using pork belly here
- Spray a skillet with oil, heat on medium or a touch above. When hot add meat.
- Chop onion, garlic and Bell pepper.
- Stir occasionally until meat has given up some of its fat, and at least started to crisp a little.
- I'm using corn in a cook in bag, so I microwaved it for 2 minutes to thaw.
- Do not drain fat off. Add onions/peppers to skillet, stir often
- When onions just turn translucent, add corn, chopped garlic and cumin.
- Add a pinch or two of salt, few grinds of black pepper and broth/water stir to combine.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cover.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes, but stir every 5 minutes.
- Uncover, check seasoning levels. Season, stir as required.
- Place in serving bowl. It's now ready.
- You can garnish with cilantro or flat parsley, even green onions.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food country style corn and pork belly/bacon recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!