Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken with rice and ground meat - riz 3a djej. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. This delicious Lebanese rice with chicken dish known as roz a djej in Arabic, is served at every large family gathering, party, and holiday dinner (Even Thanksgiving!). This traditional Lebanese chicken and rice dish is one of my favorites.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken with rice and ground meat - riz 3a djej using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken with rice and ground meat - riz 3a djej:
- Take 4 chicken thighs
- Take 2 chicken breasts
- Get 300 g finely ground beef
- Prepare 2 cups white rice
- Make ready 1 big onion
- Prepare 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Take 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
- Prepare 1/4 cup almonds, roasted
- Prepare 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make ready 2 liters water
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Prepare 3 bay leaves
- Take 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 3 cardamom pods
- Take 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions to make Chicken with rice and ground meat - riz 3a djej:
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the chicken pieces on both sides in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Remove and put in a saucepan. The chicken shouldn't be completely cooked.
- Add 2 liters of water over the chicken pieces and let it boil. As the water boils remove with a spoon any foam that might form on the water surface. Discard. Once the foam removed add 1 onion, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and bay leaves to the water. Cover the pan with a lid keeping a small opening to prevent the water to overflow while boiling. Keep on medium heat until the chicken is well cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside. Strain the chicken broth and keep aside for later use.
- In a deep pan, fry the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until golden, then add the ground meat and keep on cooking until meat turns brown.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Toss for 2 min then add 4 cups of chicken broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked.
- To serve, put the rice in a large plate, place the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with the roasted almonds and pine nuts.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
I'm Anthony Rahayel, passionate Lebanese, dental surgeon by profession, professional photographer, advocate of great food, blogger. This traditional Lebanese chicken and rice dish is one of my favorites. Flavorful, seasoned rice, topped with juicy chicken and studded with nuts—it is, for me, the purest definition of comfort food. This delicious Lebanese rice with chicken dish known as roz a djej in Arabic, is served at every large family gathering, party, and holiday dinner (Even Thanksgiving!). The warm spices with ground beef and rice make it the perfect rice dish to be served alongside rotisserie chickens, a large turkey, roast. Chicken and Onion Tagine (Djej Besla). Chicken and Onion Tagine (Djej Besla). Freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Take the two basic ingredients of rice and chicken and create something delicious. Our selection of recipes showcase these two staples at their very best. This version combines basmati rice and red lentils with ground meat and warming Indian spices. Kheema, for minced or ground meat, may also be spelled keema or qeema. You can find garam masala in many grocery stores or online. This chicken and rice dish will warm you up just as any fall soup with the subtle heat of chipotle chiles in adobe. Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration. Lean ground chicken is flavored with gochujang, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, and I've determined that succeeding in my mission really comes down to having a bigger collection of recipes that use ground meat, and this is a good one to. Chicken and Rice, rice soup, risotto, flavoured rices (Mexican Red Rice is a firm favourite along with Mushroom Rice!), Arancini balls. PPS This recipe will work well with any ground / mince meat.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken with rice and ground meat - riz 3a djej recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!