Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken kabsa. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Chicken Kabsa is ready to be served.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken kabsa using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken kabsa:
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
- Make ready 4 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 cup onioms diced
- Get 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- Make ready 1 cup diced green pepper
- Take 2 peeled and grated carrots
- Get 1 kg chicken thighs and legs with bone in
- Prepare 2 green chilli
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves minced
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Prepare 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Get few black pepper corns
- Take 1 dried lime
- Make ready 1 and half cinnamon stick
- Make ready 3 cups basmati rice
- Take 2 tbsp jannahs kabsa spice blend
- Get for the kabsa side sauce
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1/2 medium onion
- Take 1 medium tomato
- Take half green pepper
- Prepare 1 garlic clove
- Make ready 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Take large pinch of cumin
- Make ready large pinch of mint
- Make ready broth from the chicken
Instructions to make Chicken kabsa:
- In very large a pan add the oil and butter over a medium heat and add the minced garlic and onions and sautee for a few minutes add salt and black pepper to taste cook till oniond turn golden and transparent
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green pepperand sautee for 3 to 4 minutes till they have cooked down a little
- Add the kabsa spice and mix for 1 minute till all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the chicken pieces skin side down on top of the tomato and oniom mixture make sure the meat gets a good colour you can add a little more oil if needed at this stage add the green chilli and the tomato puree and mix till covered for 1 minute
- Add the grated carrot and add 4 to 5 cups of water and add the whole spices I.e peppercorns cinnamon sticks bay leaves and mix together bring to the boil and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes till chicken is cooked (tip we dont want the meat falling of the bone)
- After 25 to 30 minutes remove chicken from the stock chicken must be tender add to a oven proof dish and place the chicken in the oven and bake till chicken gets a nice golden colour and skin is crispy
- Measure 5 cups of stock threw a sieve but reserve the vegetable from the stock and place to one side also reserve half a cup of stock for the sauce mix later
- Add to a very large pot the reserved vegetable mixture I.e the onions,tomatoes, chilli and carrot add to the pot and add 3 cups of washed basmati rice and mix
- Add 5 cups of the sieved stock to rice and veg mixture and bring to the boil once boiling lower thr heat and simmer and cover the pot for 18 to 20 mind or till rice has fully cooked
- Chicken shoukd be golden and crispy by now
- Prepare the side sauce for the rice in a food processor blend the tomatoes and peppers and onion till smooth
- In a saucepan heat the oil qnd add the tomato paste abd chilli and cook for q few minutes to get the acid out the tomato paste
- Add the tomato and onion and pepper mixture to the pan and mix and cook for a few minutes
- Add a large pinch of cumin and dried mint and mix and had half cup of the reserved broth from the chicken earlier mix and simmer till you get a good consistency like a soup mixture then set aside in a serving bowl
- The rice is now cooked so now assembled the kabsa fluff up the rice on a serving dish add the chicken in a decorative way on top of the rice if you wish you can toast sum almonds and scatter on top and serve the rice along side the tomatoes sauce bon appetite
Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you should consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a great diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.
Chicken Kabsa from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON : Youtube Subscribe - https Add semi fried chicken pieces. Chicken Kabsa is ready to be served. Chicken kabsa - Turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style chicken and rice. Spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Serve Al Kabsa with a fresh mixed cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and tomato salad – preferably with a little lime vinaigrette. Some fresh pita bread on the side would be nice also. Chicken Kabsa recipe is a chicken and rice dinner that is full of Middle Eastern flavors. Chicken Kabsa - an exotic Saudi rice dish served with raisins and almonds. So, I turned to the Middle East for inspiration and I found out about Kabsa - كبسة. It is a rice based dish served in. Kabsa is a traditional Middle Eastern dish consisting of spices, rice, meat and vegetables. It is usually made with chicken, lamb, or beef, but occasionally other meats are used. Kabsa is a traditional Saudi rice dish. Chicken Kabsa Recipe can be made with many variations. Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. Chicken Kabsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken Kabsa is the national dish of Saudi Arabia and it's easy to see why! This delicious meal will leave everyone happy and wanting more. This twisted version of Chicken Kabsa from American Garden is delicious! Prepared with barbecue sauce, this version of grilled Chicken Kabsa is upgraded to suit your cravings.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chicken kabsa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!