Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vegetarian curry pies. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious. Roll out pastry and use to cover the pie, pressing firmly on to the rim. Being that this recipe uses store bought pastry and simple veggies, it is a really inexpensive dinner and while it takes a little patience to cut up the veg, cook.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegetarian curry pies using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- Get For the shortcrust pastry
- Take 367 g plain flour
- Get Large pinch fine salt
- Get 1 large egg
- Take 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare 4 TBSP very cold water
- Take 180 g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Get For the filling
- Prepare 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Make ready 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Get 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Prepare 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Make ready 3 bird’s eye chillis, de seeded and diced
- Take 1/2 tbsp tumeric
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Take 400 g sweet potato, cut into equal chunks
- Prepare 150 g red split lentils
- Get 1/2 can chickpeas drained
- Get 800 ml veg stock
- Take 100 g spinnach
- Take 1/2-1 can full fat coconut milk
- Take 80 g sultanas
Steps to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- First, make the filling. Heat the oil in a wide-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, then add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the sweet potato and sultanas, stirring well to coat in the spices. Yup in the lentils and most of the stock. You may not need all the stock so add a few ladles to start and see how well things get absorbed. Bring the liquid to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook gently for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk (again, a ladle at a time so it doesn’t become too liquidy. Add the chickpeas and spinach and gently stir in.
- Set this aside while you make the pastry. Have ready 4 individual non-stick pie dishes. Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg with the lemon juice and water in a jug and set aside.
- Add the butter and toss the cubes in the flour to coat. Rub the butter into the flour, using your fingertips. Lift your hands above the bowl, rubbing the fat and flour together then letting the mixture fall back into the bowl. Keep going until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in the egg mix. Incorporate the liquid into the flour/fat using a claw-like action with one had. Avoid overworking the dough. If too dry, a splash more water.
- When the dough just sticks together in clumps, form it into a ball. Knead it very lightly on a floured surface to bring it together into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out two thirds of the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out circles and press into the pie dishes to line completely. Take the remaining third of the pastry to roll out and cut out the lids. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C fan.
- To assemble the pies: spoon the curry filling into the pastry cases until level. Brush the edges of the pastry with water, place the pastry lid on top and press down. Using your thumbs and fingertips, seal the pastry together. Brush with beaten egg, make two slits in the lid to allow steam to escape and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
These vegetarian curry pies are therefore dairy-free and can be completely vegan by omitting the egg wash and using just a brush of dairy-free milk instead to get that golden colour. Being that this recipe uses store bought pastry and simple veggies, it is a really inexpensive dinner and while it takes a little patience to cut up the veg, cook. Brush the rim of the dish with water. Roll out pastry and use to cover the pie, pressing firmly on to the rim. Trim edges and press firmly to seal. Make a hole in the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape. C live of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the spices combine with the puff pastry, it's incredibly moreish. Sprinkle a tsp of flour over the base to stop it going soggy, then fill each pie with the curry filling. Use the remaining pastry to cover each pie (re-roll the pastry if necessary) and pinch the top and sides of the pastry together to close the pie. Vegetarian Celtic Curry Pie is rich and satisfying, everything you would expect for a St. These pies are bursting with carrots, parsnips, golden raisins, pinto beans, corn, mushrooms, celery, onion, and garlic in a savory yellow curry cream sauce, and topped with puff pastry; an orchestra of flavors. Next, add in the vegetable broth, milk, curry powder, salt, pepper and celery seed. Add vegetables to sauce and mix until combined. Place one pie crust in the bottom of a large baking dish and then pour vegetable mixture in. These vegetarian curry puffs can be easily modified to your taste. Substitute the potatoes with sweet potatoes. Substitute half of the potatoes with carrots. Follow the same filling recipe here, but for a spiced fish filling. Add curried chicken or beef to the mix.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vegetarian curry pies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!