Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, christmas cake (no added sugar). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Christmas Cake (no added sugar) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Christmas Cake (no added sugar) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Stir egg yolks (optional) and soda into fruit mixture. I've used wholewheat flour, olive oil, and no added refined sugar to make a more natural, less refined #festive cake.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have christmas cake (no added sugar) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Christmas Cake (no added sugar):
- Prepare 175 g dried apricots, diced
- Take 6 tbsp water
- Make ready 150 mls olive oil
- Prepare 5 large eggs
- Make ready 175 g plain wholewheat flour
- Take 2 tsp mixed spice
- Take 1 lemon, zest & juice
- Prepare 1 orange, zest & juice
- Make ready 175 g raisins
- Get 125 g dried mixed fruit
- Take 225 g currants
- Make ready 175 g sultanas
- Get 100 g dried cherries
- Get 40 g flaked almonds
Instructions to make Christmas Cake (no added sugar):
- Add the diced apricots and the water to a pan and simmer gently until the apricots have absorbed the water and nice and soft.
- Allow the apricots to cool then blend in a food processor until finely minced (or mince with a sharp knife if you don’t have a food processor).
- Put the rest of the dried fruit into a large mixing bowl. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and orange, stir really well and let the fruit soak up the juices.
- In the largest mixing bowl you have, whisk together the oil and minced apricot puree until it is as well combined as you can get it. Whisk in the eggs until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Sift in the flour and spice, mix gently to combine all of the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture.
- Stir in the rest of your ingredients.
- Pour into an 8 inch cake tin lined with parchment paper. Tie a strip of parchment paper around the outside of your tin with string.
- Bake at 150°C for 3 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
Place mixed fruit, apricots, undrained pineapple, orange juice and spice in a saucepan. Stir egg yolks (optional) and soda into fruit mixture. Christmas Cake (no added sugar) Christmas cake in the UK is a traditional fruit cake, with plenty of dried fruit, cherries, flaked almonds and citrus. I've used wholewheat flour, olive oil, and no added refined sugar to make a more natural, less refined #festive cake. Christmas dinner and desert can make trying to lose weight and be healthy quite difficult. With this recipe which has no added sugar or fat, you can have your cake and eat it! Even though it is only mid November, we found that the longer you leave your Christmas cake to mature, the better it tastes on Christmas day, so get baking as soon as. The Beatrice Bakery No Sugar Added Fruitcake is a great Christmas cake for people who are watching their sugar intake or who find traditional cakes too sweet for their liking. Of course, there is natural sugars occurring due to the dried fruit but that is all. No processed glace cherries, no added refined sugars nor is there any unhealthy trans fats - but the good news is this Christmas cake tastes ridgey didge. And here's how the making part goes down. The key step that makes this so much faster to make than other fruit cakes is the fruit soaking step. Most recipes call for dried fruit to be soaked overnight. This healthy gluten free Christmas fruit cake is a family recipe that has been tweaked and modified over the years. There is no added sugar, butter or eggs, and sorghum flour is used in place of self raising white flour (though almond meal would work equally as well). Soft and moist - perfect with a digestive herbal tea after Christmas dinner. Check out these delicious Sugar-Free Cake Recipes perfect for diabetics and people on a restricted diet. Enjoy all the flavor without the sugar. It was sweet, delicious and addicting, I gave it to my mother in law and she couldn't believe that the cake was sugar-free. The only sugar here is that which occurs naturally in the fruits…and this flavor-packed fruitcake is chock-full of fruits and premium nuts!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food christmas cake (no added sugar) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!