Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, saag feta. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have saag feta using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Saag Feta:
- Prepare The Saag
- Prepare 1/4 cup butter & extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- Get 1 small onion, chopped
- Get 1 half garlic, finely chopped
- Get 1 piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- Make ready 2 packets. baby spinach
- Make ready 1-2 small green chilli pepper rough chopped
- Prepare 1/2 fresh lime. juiced
- Make ready 1 packet feta, cut into square pieces
- Prepare The Spice
- Take 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. red chili powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. asafoetida (optional)
- Make ready The Sides
- Get 1 packet basmati rice
- Prepare 2 Naans
Steps to make Saag Feta:
- Heat ¼ cup butter/oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook coriander seeds and cardamom, stirring constantly, until starting to brown.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and slightly browned. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring.
- Add spinach slowly, letting it wilt slightly after each addition before adding more. Cook until all of the spinach is just wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and add chile and lime juice; season with salt (not too much).
- Blend the mixture. Return spinach to pot and set over low heat. Stir in ½ cup water, then gently add in feta, being careful not to break up.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter/oil in a small saucepan over medium-high. Add cumin seeds until browning. Add asafoetida and chili powder.
- When feta is slightly softened. Pour butter/oil mixture over spinach mixture and your ready to plate. Serve with naan and rice.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be good for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food saag feta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!