Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tuna casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tuna casserole using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna Casserole:
- Take 1 26oz can cream of mushroom soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup sour cream
- Take 1 12oz can drained tuna
- Prepare 1 lb of egg noodles
- Take 15 oz can drained peas
- Take 1/2 cup parmesan, more or less
- Prepare 2 tbsp minced onion, I used dry
- Make ready 1 Salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Prepare 1 Bread crumbs
Steps to make Tuna Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix soup, sour cream, half the parm, the minced onions, the drained tuna, the drained peas, the salt and pepper and the garlic powder.
- Bring salted water to a boil and add noodles. Cook til slightly limp, about 3 minutes.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain noodles. Add to soup mixture and stir til combined. Pour into greased casserole dish, 9x13.
- In a small bowl mix the bread crumbs, I used panko, the rest of the parm and about a good tablespoon of oil, I used olive oil but u can use whatever u have on hand. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake til hot and bubbly and browned on top, about 30 minutes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food tuna casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!