Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, swedish almond cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Swedish Almond Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Swedish Almond Cake is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have swedish almond cake using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Swedish Almond Cake:
- Prepare 50 g butter
- Make ready 2 tbsp dry white breadcrumbs
- Take 2 eggs
- Make ready 100 g caster sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 2 tbsp double cream
- Get 100 g plain flour
- Take 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Prepare For the topping:
- Make ready 25 g butter
- Take 50 g flaked almonds
- Prepare 25 g caster sugar
- Get 1 tsp plain flour
- Get 1 tbsp double cream
Steps to make Swedish Almond Cake:
- Melt the butter for the cake in a small pan. Use some to brush the insides of a 18cm cake tin (I used 20cm tin) then dust with the breadcrumbs. I think you could probably miss out the breadcrumbs and just butter the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the sugar, slowly, while whisking. Beat until thick.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the cream, sift in the flour and baking powder and fold through with a metal spoon.
- Pour in the rest of the melted butter and mix. Pour the batter into the prepared tin, shake and tap to distribute evenly. Bake for 25 minutes until just firm in the middle.
- Half way through the cooking time, prepare the topping. Melt the butter in a pan then add the almonds, sugar, flour and cream and stir over a low heat until just bubbling.
- When the cake is cooked remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 200°C/Gas 6. Spoon the almond mixture on to the top and gently spread it evenly all over. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve with cream.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food swedish almond cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!