Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, stuffed peppers with feta (vegetarian). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook stuffed peppers with feta (vegetarian) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Peppers With Feta (Vegetarian):
- Make ready 2 bell peppers,
- Prepare 110 g meat free mince,
- Make ready 50 g reduced fat feta cheese,
- Get 1/2 a medium red onion, sliced finely,
- Make ready 1 medium tomato, chopped,
- Make ready 1/2 a red chilli, seeds removed and sliced finely,
- Get 1/4 tsp smoked paprika,
- Make ready 1 tiny pinch of ground cumin,
- Prepare 1/4 tsp dried oregano,
- Take 1 tsp olive oil,
- Take Spray cooking oil for frying
- Prepare Salt and pepper to season
Instructions to make Stuffed Peppers With Feta (Vegetarian):
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing off the top to form a lid, then scraping out the pith and seeds from the centre. Ensure that the peppers are able to stand up straight if set upon a flat surface. You may need to carefully shave off a tiny bit from the base in order to level them out so they stand freely.
- Line a baking tray with foil and preheat the oven to 180 (fan).
- Heat up a medium-large saucepan over a medium heat and spray in some cooking oil to cover the base liberally. Once hot add the red onions and fry for a couple of minutes. Next add in the tomato and chillies. Stir and fry for a further two minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the meat free mince. Combine the ingredients together. Season with the ground cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Stir once more.
- Remove from the heat and add 2/3rds of the feta cheese. Stir together and then add 2 tbsp water. This will add some needed moisture to the mixture, as meat free mince doesn't release any fat when fried.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture. Place standing upright into the lined baking tray then add the lids (pepper tops), drizzle over the olive oil and season with some salt. Bake in the oven on a centre shelf at 180 for around 20-25 minutes.
- Once the peppers are tender and slightly browned on top and the sides, remove from the oven. Leave to cool for a minute. Remove the lids and crumble over the remaining feta, season with pepper. Serve and enjoy! :)
See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Then, add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices today.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food stuffed peppers with feta (vegetarian) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!