Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bakewell tart. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bakewell tart is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Bakewell tart is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Bake classic Bakewell tarts with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Find more cake recipes at BBC Good Food. This traditional Bakewell tart is a real classic, perfect alongside a cup of tea. Find many more simple & delicious baking recipes at Tesco Real Food.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook bakewell tart using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bakewell tart:
- Make ready 1 sheet puff pastry
- Get jam
- Get 100 grams butter
- Make ready 100 grams caster sugar
- Prepare 2 eggs
- Prepare 100 grams ground almonds
- Make ready 1 tsp almond extract
- Make ready icing sugar
- Prepare cream or ice cream
- Get Oil for greasing
Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool. Don't worry, this tart travels too. Sure, it sounds and may look like a traditional bakewell tart, but oh, I want to take it places. This classic Bakewell tart is packed with warm frangipane and it shows you how to make shortcrust pastry.
Instructions to make Bakewell tart:
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Put an 8" cake pan on top of a sheet of puff pastry and cut a circle around it, making it bigger than the pan so the puff pastry can line the entire pan.
- Carefully line the greased cake pan with the pastry. Don't squeeze too hard when getting it into the corners because it will lose its texture.
- Use a fork to punch a few holes into the base of the pastry then spread a thin layer of jam over the base but not the entire pan. Then put in the fridge.
- After about an hour of chilling, put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl, and whisk to cream. Then, add the eggs and whisk some more. Now, add the ground almonds and almond extract and whisk more until fully incorporated. Then, take the pastry out of the fridge and pour the mixture into it.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. But check every 15 minutes and place a skewer in to check it is clean. Also, the finished product should be springy to the touch. When it's done, leave to cool.
- When it's cooled, dust with icing sugar. Then, carefully lift from the cake pan onto a serving plate. Serve with cream or ice cream if you like, and you're done!
Sure, it sounds and may look like a traditional bakewell tart, but oh, I want to take it places. This classic Bakewell tart is packed with warm frangipane and it shows you how to make shortcrust pastry. A Bakewell tart is a traditional English baked dessert tart. The Bakewell Tart is a bit of a tradition for my family and I. Having lived in the pretty market town of Bakewell in Derbyshire England.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food bakewell tart recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!