Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bagel dogs. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook bagel dogs using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bagel Dogs:
- Prepare Bagels
- Take 2 tsp yeast
- Take 1 tbsp molasses
- Take 1 1/2 cup warm water, around 100 degrees
- Get 3 cup bread flour
- Make ready 2 tsp salt
- Get 6 nathans hot dogs, use your favorite hot dogs
- Get 10 cup boiling water
- Prepare 1 tsp baking soda
Instructions to make Bagel Dogs:
- In bowl add water, molasses and yeast. Set aside and allow this to become frothy. This means yeast is active and ready to use.
- In large mixing bowl with dough hook, add flour and 2 teaspoons salt.
- While on low mix in water. Mix until a soft ball forms. You may need to add more flour or water. Always add small amounts.
- Once you have soft ball, knead for 10 minutes in mixer.
- In a lightly oiled bowl, place dough and roll dough around to coat all dough in oil.
- Cover with towel and rest dough in warm place. I usually rest dough in microwave oven with overhead light on. Nice and warm! Do not turn on microwave:-)
- After 1 hour, punch dough down and rest another 15 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, divide dough into 6 pieces. 8 for regular package of hot dogs.
- Roll each piece about 2" all around larger than hot dog.
- Wrap hot dog pressing seems tightly together. Rest dough, covered another 10 minutes.
- While resting bring water to a boil, I guesstimated the amount of water, just enough to have bagels float.
- Add in baking soda to boiling water. Boil each bagel for 10 seconds a side. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- In preheated 425°F oven on parchment lined baking tray, place bagel dogs.
- Sprinkle tops with sea salt or if you want cheese, place grated cheese, your choice, halfway through bake. Cook 20 minutes.
- Recipe by taylor68too
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food bagel dogs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!