Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cilantro garlic yellow rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have cilantro garlic yellow rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cilantro Garlic Yellow Rice:
- Get 1/2 a medium onion, diced
- Take 3 Tablespoons minced garlic (about 5 large cloves)
- Prepare 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (you can use the stems, too)
- Make ready 1.5 Tablespoons butter (I use unsalted.)
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground achiote (aka) annatto
- Prepare 2 cups jasmine rice
- Make ready 2 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock
- Take 1 cup water
- Take 3/4-1 teaspoon kosher salt
Instructions to make Cilantro Garlic Yellow Rice:
- Put the butter in a large pot and turn the flame to medium high. When the butter's just about completely melted, add the onion, garlic, and cilantro to the pot and sauté until the onion is translucent - about 2.5 to 3 minutes. Then add the turmeric and stir to incorporate evenly into the aromatics.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the rice, and stir to coat all the grains with the sauteed mixtured. Allow the rice to toast for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will help the grains retain their texture and shape when cooked.
- Add the stock, water, and salt, and stir gently 3 or 4 times to ensure that all the grains of rice have been separated and distribute the rice in an even layer in the pot. This will ensure that each grain gets completely steamed.
- Allow the rice to come to a gentle boil for 1 minute, uncovered, on medium heat, and then turn the heat down to medium low, place the lid on the pot slightly askew (leave about 1/2" inch gap on one side), and continue to steam the rice until all the liquid has been absorbed for 2 to 3 minutes.
- At that point, fluff the rice, allow the steam to release and the rice to cool for about 5 minutes, then serve. (It's important to fluff the rice shortly after all the water's been absorbed so the rice doesn't stick together in clumps.
Your daily diet should contain at least a few of these super foods. To start, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Following a green living eating plan will offer you exactly what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cilantro garlic yellow rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!