Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, prawn, tomato and feta orzo. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The combination of shrimp, feta, tomatoes, and pasta is one that I love. Orzo is the little pasta that comes in the shape of rice.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have prawn, tomato and feta orzo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn, tomato and feta orzo:
- Prepare 200 grams feta cheese
- Make ready 250 grams orzo
- Get Half teaspoon chilli flakes
- Get 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Get 3 cloves garlic crushed
- Take 500 ml vegetable stock
- Take 100 grams frozen peas
- Get 500 grams shelled prawns
- Make ready Squeeze lemon
- Take Olive oil
- Prepare Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Prawn, tomato and feta orzo:
- Cut the feta into small cubes. Put in bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes and drizzle of olive oil.
- For this, you need a pan with a lid. On a medium heat add 50ml of oil and add the orzo. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and wait for the orzo to start to brown this will take 5-6 minutes. When ready (see photo) remove from heat and transfer orzo to a bowl.
- In same saucepan add a small amount of oil and add the crushed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes. Cook for one minute. Then add the chopped tomato and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then add the orzo. Then move to low medium heat, cover and leave for 15 mins. Check once or twice and stir to stop anything sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After 15 mins remove the lid and cook uncovered for a further 3 mins. I added some frozen peas at this point. Finally add the prawns and cook until they are pink - normally 2 to 3 minutes
- Nearly there…. simply shred some basil and add some of the feta you prepared earlier. Voila!
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
Heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan and gently cook the garlic and chilli flakes for a few minutes. The combination of shrimp, feta, tomatoes, and pasta is one that I love. I return to it time and again for easy one-pot suppers. Orzo is the little pasta that comes in the shape of rice. It's easy to eat a lot of and is widely available. Orzo - which is very popular in Turkey and Greece - is a quite magical pasta shape that looks like rice grains and cooks a bit like risotto (though I don't stir it that much when I'm cooking it as I don't want to release too much starch). Its other bonus is that it cooks incredibly quickly. A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. When orzo is cool, transfer to a medium bowl and mix in olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, and tomato. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and lemon. With king prawns, a rich tomato sauce & crumbled feta, this easy prawn recipe is the perfect family dinner idea. Find more recipe ideas at Tesco Real Food. Orzo is the little pasta in the shape of rice - easy to eat a lot of and widely available. In a medium bowl, mix the feta. Mix tomatoes, feta, basil, olives, and green onions into orzo. Warm orzo, prawn and feta salad with courgette and lemon. Heat water in large sauce pot to boil and add pasta, cook to al dente. Place the prawns and sauce in a bowl. Garnish with a little more shredded feta. There's tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and lots If you're wondering "What is orzo pasta?" then let's get that out of the way first.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food prawn, tomato and feta orzo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!