Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas:
- Get 1/4 cup chopped Chorizo or Spicy Sausage (Salchichón)
- Make ready 1 can (15 oz.) Gandules (Pigeon Peas)
- Take 1 clove minced Garlic
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped Red Onion
- Prepare 1/4 cup chopped Green Peppers
- Prepare 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers
- Get 1 packages Chicken Bullion
- Get 1 packages Sazon with Culantro and Achiote
- Take 2 tbsp of Sofrito
- Prepare 1 tbsp Adobo Goya
- Take 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- Get 2 tbsp sliced Pimento stuffed Green Olives
- Get 4 oz Tomato Sauce
- Get 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- Take 1 Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make ready 2 cup White Rice (uncooked)
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup Water
- Get 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Steps to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas:
- In a medium pot, on medium heat, add oil, sofrito, garlic, onions, green peppers, red peppers and chorizo. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, can of gandules (with liquid), green olives, adobo, chicken bullion, sazon and dried oregano. Stir thoroughly and cook covered for about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. LEAVE UNCOVERED on medium heat until water is almost completely dissolved.
- As soon as water is almost dissolved, stir twice scooping from the bottom up and over. Cover and lower heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT UNCOVER LID. After 20 minutes, stir the rice. It should be fluffly and golden. If not, cover for 10 more minutes and voila!
- Buen Provecho :-)
Your daily diet must include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, try adding some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. See to it that you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!