Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, roasted vegetables with feta cheese. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook roasted vegetables with feta cheese using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese:
- Get 1 pound button mushrooms (white or crimini), quartered
- Make ready 1/2 pound asparagus, bottoms trimmed and cut into roughly 1.5" segments
- Prepare 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- Get 1/2 a large sweet onion, peeled and cut into 1/4" strips vertically
- Get 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Get 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Get 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Take optional: chopped fresh herbs (basil, parsley, mint, and cilantro all work well)
Instructions to make Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese:
- PAN ROASTING METHOD: Add olive oil to a large pan (at least 12") and preheat to medium high.
- Lay the vegetables in a single layer in the pan, covering the entire cooking surface. Let the vegetables roast for about 5 minutes on one side before stirring them to redistribute and then roast another 5 minutes or so on the other side.
- Pour vegetables a large bowl, season with salt, lemon juice, and garlic powder, and toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with Feta and fresh herbs if you choose and enjoy!
- OVEN ROASTING METHOD: Preheat oven to 425F, toss veg with olive oil, and spread in single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, then go to Step 3.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food roasted vegetables with feta cheese recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!