Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, brussel sprout cole slaw. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook brussel sprout cole slaw using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw:
- Make ready main
- Get 2 lb brussel sprouts
- Get dressing
- Make ready 6 tbsp olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- Prepare 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Make ready 2 tbsp diced shallot or onion
- Prepare 2 clove grated garlic cloves
- Make ready 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt (1 tsp if kosher)
- Prepare ground black pepper
- Prepare finish
- Take 1 cup cheese (Picorino, parmesan, asiago)
- Get 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or slivered almond (optional)
Steps to make Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw:
- Clean your sprouts, remove bad outer leaves, cut excessive stems. Dry them off.
- I used the cutter/slicing blade in my food processor, you can cut them with a knife also.
- For the food processor, use a feed tube. Put a small amount of pressure on the sprouts, then hold pulse until the feed tube is empty. Repeat as needed until all are done. This gives a better cut than just dropping in while it's running.
- In a bowl large enough to hold and mix all the cut sprouts, add the mustard, lemon juice and salt.
- Dice onion/shallot add it to the bowl. Whisk it.
- Add 1 Tbl oil, whisk it in, repeat 1 Tlb at a time whisking each in until all 6 have been incorporated.
- Grind some black pepper in, whisk it in
- Just dump your sliced sprouts on top of the dressing, mix well
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes
- Add your cheese, and nuts if using
- Mix well
- You can let it sit if you need to, or serve immediately
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food brussel sprout cole slaw recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!