Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chewy whole wheat bagels. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chewy whole wheat bagels using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels:
- Get 300 grams Bread (strong) flour
- Make ready 60 grams Whole wheat flour
- Prepare 1 tsp Instant dry yeast
- Make ready 200 ml Lukewarm water (about 30℃)
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp Raw cane sugar
- Get 1 tsp Salt
Instructions to make Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels:
- Dissolve the sugar in lukewarm water. Combine the bread flour and wheat flour in a bowl. Place the dry yeast on one side of the bowl and salt on the other.
- Pour the lukewarm water directly over dry yeast and mix with your fingers until everything is well combined. Knead the dough for about 15 minutes until the surface becomes smooth. (If you're adding extra ingredients like nuts and raisins, add them a little before you're finished kneading, and knead together until they are fully incorporated.)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place (about 1 to 1.5 hours). Once the dough doubles in size, let out the gas and divide into 5 pieces.
- Shape divided portions into a doughnut shape with a large hole, and place a plastic wrap on top to prevent them from drying out. Bring water to a boil in a pot, add raw cane sugar (not listed) and prep for kettle boiling. Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Kettle boil the bagels for about 30 seconds on each side (don't let the water boil excessively). Place the bagels on a baking pan (leave some space among them) and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Fig and Walnut Bagels I added 5 pieces of fried fig (chopped) and 20 g of roasted walnuts (chopped) to this basic whole wheat bagel recipe. The sweetness of fig and the flavor of walnut go perfectly well together!
- Sesame Bagels: I mixed in 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds into the basic whole wheat bagel dough.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chewy whole wheat bagels recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!