Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, tex's classic british xmas mince pies 🍲🍎🍋🍷🎄🎅🇬🇧. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have tex's classic british xmas mince pies 🍲🍎🍋🍷🎄🎅🇬🇧 using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tex's Classic British Xmas Mince Pies 🍲🍎🍋🍷🎄🎅🇬🇧:
- Make ready 1-2 packs ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- Make ready To taste caster sugar for dusting
- Take ⭐
- Get ⭐Mincemeat⭐
- Prepare 1/4 Bramley apple (peeled cored and finely diced)
- Get 1/4 of a lemon
- Prepare 3 tablespoons brandy (or rum or dry sherry)
- Take 45 grams light brown sugar
- Take 40 grams sultanas
- Take 35 grams raisins
- Take 35 grams currants
- Get 35 grams cranberries
- Get 25 grams suet or butter (cubed)
- Prepare 20 grams mixed peel
- Prepare 10 grams blanched almonds finely chopped
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice (not allspice)
- Take 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions to make Tex's Classic British Xmas Mince Pies 🍲🍎🍋🍷🎄🎅🇬🇧:
- Scald off a 500 grams jar by filling with boiling water then emptying. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C (400°F)
- Add the juice and zest from the lemon with all the other mincemeat ingredients, except for the brandy to a saucepan and heat gently until the suet has melted. When done, heat on low for a further 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Let the mincemeat cool completely, then stir in the brandy and seal in your jar. Leave in the refrigerator until ready to use. Any jarred up leftovers from this mix will be amazing next Xmas
- If using ready-rolled pastry, take out of the fridge 45 minutes before using. After 45 minutes, give it a further 10 seconds in the microwave then leave 1 minute to stand.
- Cut your pastry on a wooden board to minimise temperature change. Use a medium pastry cutter to cut 6-9 circles,depending on the size of your bun tray
- Line the cups of an oiled and flour dredged bun tray…
- …with the pastry circles. Use a small pastry cutter to cut lids large enough to cover the pies
- ..and fill with the mincemeat (about 1 tablespoon per pie)
- Wet the edges of the pies with water. Add the lids, trim and seal
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes until baked
- Remove from the oven and dust with caster sugar while hot
- Merry Christmas 🎄 🎅 serve hot or cold…
Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole grains and nuts. In addition, you should include yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a good eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food tex's classic british xmas mince pies 🍲🍎🍋🍷🎄🎅🇬🇧 recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!