Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, vickys swedish semla easter buns (cream buns) gf df ef sf. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Swedish Semla Easter Buns (Cream Buns) GF DF EF SF is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Vickys Swedish Semla Easter Buns (Cream Buns) GF DF EF SF is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vickys swedish semla easter buns (cream buns) gf df ef sf using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Swedish Semla Easter Buns (Cream Buns) GF DF EF SF:
- Take for the DOUGH
- Make ready 150 ml full fat coconut milk plus extra if required
- Prepare 25 g yeast
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground green cardamom
- Prepare 325 g gluten-free / plain flour
- Get 1 & 1/4 tsp xanthan gum if using GF flour
- Take 50 g granulated sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Get 100 g Stork margarine (block wrapped in gold foil) cubed
- Get for the FILLING
- Prepare 100 g ground almonds
- Take 100 g granulated sugar
- Take 5 tbsp water
- Make ready 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Get 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1/8 tsp ground green cardamom
- Make ready for the TOPPING
- Take 200 ml coconut cream
- Make ready 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1 tbsp icing sugar / powdered
Instructions to make Vickys Swedish Semla Easter Buns (Cream Buns) GF DF EF SF:
- Put the milk, yeast and cardamom into a stand mixer bowl and stir until the yeast has dissolved
- Add the flour, xanthan gum if using, sugar and baking powder and mix using a dough hook until the mixture forms a crumbly dough. If using a gluten-free flour blend, you'll need to add another splash of milk, around 1 - 1 & 1/2 tbsp. The dough pictured is too much like dough at this point, it should be 'crummier' than that. I dropped the jug of milk in….
- Add the cubed margarine one piece at a time and let it mix in completely before adding the next. This will take around 20 minutes or so
- When the dough is soft and not sticky, let it rest for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 9 pieces and shape into smooth balls by rolling between your hands then the using your fingers like you would as if zooming out on your phone screen on top of the buns to pull 4 corners down to the underside. Roll again to seal and place on a parchment lined baking sheet seam side down
- Cover with a clean, light tea towel and let rise for around 90 minutes
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425F
- Glaze the top of each bun with some coconut milk
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until cooked through. They should sound hollow when tapped on the underside
- Let cool on a wire rack while you make the filling
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, coconut cream, cardamom and vanilla together with the water to make a thick paste
- Carve a lid from each bun like how you'd carve off a pumpkin lid, knife angled
- Divide the almond paste between each bun, spooning into the holes
- Whisk the topping ingredients together and pipe or spoon on
- Replace the bun lids and dust generously with icing sugar
- Happy Easter!
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vickys swedish semla easter buns (cream buns) gf df ef sf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!