Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sesame bagels. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sesame bagels using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sesame Bagels:
- Get 500 grams strong white bread flour
- Make ready 15 grams dried active yeast
- Prepare 10 grams salt
- Get 15 grams light muscavado sugar
- Take 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Prepare 350 ml water
- Prepare 1 egg
- Prepare 1 sesame seeds for topping
Steps to make Sesame Bagels:
- Place all the dry ingredients and the oil into a bowl keeping the yeast away from the salt.
- Pour in the water gradually until the dough begins to form. (You may not need it all)
- Tip the dough onto a dry smooth surface and knead for 10mins.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl (with some more toasted sesame oil) and cover. Leave to prove for about 4hours.
- Remove the dough and then knead for another 5mins.
- Split into 8 equal sized balls, pierce the middle and swirl around your finger to create a ring shape. Place onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper. (Make sure you leave room for the dough expanding, use a second tray if needed.)
- Cover with a tea towel and prove for another 2hours.
- Pre-heat an oven to 190°C / 170°C fan and bring a pan of water to boil.
- One by one, boil each dough ring for 90s, turning over every 30s. Remove and place on a grease proof paper lined tray.
- Crack the egg into a cup and beat with a fork. Use this to egg wash each bagel.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over each bagel.
- Place into the oven for 20-25mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sesame bagels recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!