Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, bulgur wheat with mint, feta and veggie 'chorizo' sausages. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have bulgur wheat with mint, feta and veggie 'chorizo' sausages using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages:
- Prepare Serves: 1 person
- Get 80 g bulgur wheat, pre-cooked according to packet instructions,
- Prepare 1 red chilli cut into thin rings,
- Make ready 3 chorizo and red pepper veg sausages, (I used Linda McCartney),
- Make ready 40 g red onion, sliced,
- Make ready 1 clove garlic sliced thin,
- Prepare 30 g small cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves,
- Make ready 35 g rocket leaves,
- Prepare 60 g reduced fat feta cheese,
- Get 1 tsp dried mint, or a few fresh mint leaves (alternative),
- Get Salt and pepper to season,
- Prepare 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Take Frylight or vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,
Instructions to make Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages:
- Take a mixing bowl and add the cooked bulgur wheat. Season with salt and pepper and add the mint and 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil. Stir it through.
- Turn the hob into a medium to high heat. Take a frying pan and spray Frylight to cover base, or alternatively add 1tbsp of vegetable/sunflower oil. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes, turning when necessary. Add the red onions to the pan alongside the sausages and cook until the onions are slightly charred on the edges. Add a couple more sprays of oil if needed, then add the sliced garlic. Cook for a further minute or two.
- Once the sausages are cooked through remove the frying pan from the heat. Add the cooked garlic and onion to the bulgur wheat mix, then slice up the sausages, gently mix together until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the chopped red chillies, rocket, feta and tomatoes to the mixing bowl with the bulgur wheat in, toss everything together once more.
- Serve up in a shallow bowl, drizzle over the other 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to finish.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food bulgur wheat with mint, feta and veggie 'chorizo' sausages recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!