Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pickled asparagus with an onion. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pickled asparagus with an onion using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pickled Asparagus with an Onion:
- Get Vegetables to be pickled
- Make ready 1-1/2 pound asparagus whole
- Get 1 medium onion
- Make ready Spices
- Make ready 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Make ready 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- Get 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- Make ready 1/3 cup honey
- Prepare 1 Solution part
- Make ready 1 cup apple cider vinegar raw/organic
- Prepare 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- Prepare 1 teaspoon canning salt
- Get 2 Solution part
- Make ready 2 cups water
- Make ready 1 tablespoon canning salt
Instructions to make Pickled Asparagus with an Onion:
- Heat the vinegars to a boil dissolve the salt.
- Cut the woody end off the asparagus bottoms and discard. Trim the asparagus to fit the height of the sterilized jar. Get the pickling spices. Stuff the jar with the asparagus, spices, and sliced onion.
- Add the honey first then the boiling vinegar solution.
- Boil the water and salt then top off the jar. Put the lid on careful this will be hot. Shake a wee bit to mix. Set on a paper towel. The jar and lid is very hot. If you set it on something cold it could shatter the jar causing you cuts and burns, please be careful.
- Let this cool and check lid to see if it sealed. The top center of lid should be sucked in. If not put into a refrigerator for a week or two. If it has let sit on shelf to pickle for about two-6 weeks. I hope you enjoy!!!!
Your daily diet must include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Additionally, you have to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health once you choose to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices now.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pickled asparagus with an onion recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!