Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, scouse pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mad for Liverpool, live in Berlin. have very strong opinions, which are usually wrong. yeah, the wife and kids are great, thanks for asking. There is a lot Of things you can doIn fifteen minutes.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook scouse pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Scouse pie:
- Get 400 g organic beef diced
- Prepare 300 g organic lamb diced
- Prepare 1 large onion
- Take 2-3 parsnips
- Get 2-3 carrots
- Prepare Black pepper
- Make ready Oxo cubes x2
- Take Worcestershire sauce
- Take 700 g potatoes cubed
- Make ready Pastry
- Make ready 225 g plain flour
- Get 1 egg yolk
- Prepare Dash salt
- Get 125 g butter
- Prepare 125 ml ice cold water (as required)
Steps to make Scouse pie:
- Chop onion finely and sautee in olive oil. Do not let it burn.
- Diced the meat to smaller cubes than I would use normally for the scouse. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and brown the meat. Splash with worcester sauce cook out and reserve with the softened onion
- Soften chopped carrot and parsnip a bit in leftover meat juices. Reserve with meat
- Dice 2 of the potatoes very finely. We want them to break up while cooking. Add to the slow cooker with rest of ingredients
- Top with cold water to cover potatoes. Add crumbled oxo cubes and cook on high for 2 hours
- After 2 hours add rest of potatoes chopped to the slow cooker. Reduce the heat to low and cook for further 3 hours. Stir and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce if you like
- Make a pastry mixing flour, butter, egg yolk and water in a bowl. Knead until dough soft and doesn't stick to the surface. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 40-50 minutes(or you can use ready made short crust pastry)
- Roll with rolling pin. Use 2/3 of the pastry to cover bottom of pie dish.
- Fill pie dish with cold left over scouse. Dampen edges a bit. Roll rest of the pastry and cover pie dish. You may want to press edges together by hand or with fork.
- Make a couple of holes to let air out so that pie doesn't explode. Brush a bit of beaten egg for shine
- Bake on medium oven 160°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown
Your daily diet must include at least some of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Then, try adding a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Additionally, you should eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living meal plan will offer you just what you need to be healthy. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits now.
Scouse is a type of thrifty meat stew, in this case made with lamb. Mad for Liverpool, live in Berlin. have very strong opinions, which are usually wrong. yeah, the wife and kids are great, thanks for asking. Poem: Scouse Pies poem by Tom Allport. There is a lot Of things you can doIn fifteen minutes. Try this Scouse Pie recipe by Chef Paul Hollywood. Recipe by Paul Hollywood from Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds. scouse pie. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! Homebaked are an Anfield based bakery and have a stall at the Christmas market selling scouse pies to raise money for Liverpool Homeless Football Club. Scouse Pie and Bovril is a blog dedicated to bringing you the latest on LFC, quality articles while mixing our passions for music, film, fashion, funny videos, photography & design. Make blind scouse by leaving the meat out and more of the carrot and onion and also adding some chopped up swede and cabbage, savoy or white Both types of scouse are real winter comfort food! Delicious, filling Mexican and Spanish streetfood, made with exciting ingredients. Scouse is a type of lamb or beef stew. The word comes from lobscouse, a stew commonly eaten by sailors throughout Northern Europe, which became popular in seaports such as Liverpool. Scouse is a type of lamb or beef stew. The word comes from lobscouse, a stew commonly eaten by sailors throughout northern Europe, which became popular in seaports such as Liverpool. A lovely Kate and Sydney pie [Not really rhyming slang - more a matter of getting your mords wixed up]. Blimey - he gets two pigs (beers) in him and he starts telling porkies. Scouse is the accent and dialect of English found in the north-western English city of Liverpool, in some adjoining urban areas of Merseyside, and less commonly in northwestern Cheshire and Skelmersdale. Go on to discover millions of awesome videos and pictures in thousands of other categories. This old-fashioned pie is wonderful to freeze and to have on hand for unexpected guests!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food scouse pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!