Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, broccoli & asparagus soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Broccoli is a green vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. italica) in the flowering plant family Brassicaceae (formerly Cruciferae), characterized by fleshy green flower heads arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. It also boasts more protein than most other vegetables.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have broccoli & asparagus soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Make ready 1/3 rd a head of broccoli florets,
- Get The large stalk from a head of broccoli,
- Prepare 230 ml boiled water (filtered if possible),
- Get 10 spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,
- Take 200 ml milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),
- Make ready 1/2 Vegetable stock cube,
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil,
- Prepare 1/2 an onion chopped finely,
- Take Salt and white pepper to season
- Take To serve:
- Get 2 rashers crispy fried bacon (optional)
- Take 2 tbsp crème fraiche or fat free quark,
- Prepare 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,
- Get Fresh parsley leaves,
- Take Salt and ground black pepper to season
- Prepare Equipment Needed:
- Prepare 1 hand blender / blender
Instructions to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the broccoli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil.
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the broccoli. Set aside the onions for the time being.
- Boil the broccoli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth.
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
- Broccoli sprout compound may restore brain chemistry imbalance linked to schizophrenia. - Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of broccoli florets. ↑ Cоциальная сеть для ученых ResearchGate. Broccoli is a green vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. italica) in the flowering plant family Brassicaceae (formerly Cruciferae), characterized by fleshy green flower heads arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also boasts more protein than most other vegetables. So if you are following a weight loss diet, broccoli can definitely be your go-to option! Broccoli is the international magazine for cannabis lovers. Tune in to our podcast, subscribe to the print mag, read @thebroccolireport broccolimag.com. Discover what makes broccoli so healthy, from fibre to vitamins and minerals. We share the most nutritious ways to cook it in healthy broccoli recipes. Some people prefer broccoli florets, but you can eat the leaves and stems, too. The stalk contains the most fiber, while Don't wash broccoli until you're ready to prepare it. Unwashed, it will stay fresh in a plastic bag in your fridge for a week. The raw broccoli salad at Emmy Squared in Brooklyn showed us that broccoli can be delicious even when squeaky raw. Instead of deep-frying the broccoli in this sesame noodles recipe, we used a high-heat roasting method and swapped the restaurant's sesame brittle for toasted seeds. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that belongs to the Brassica genus of plants. It's a type of flower and has a thick, central stalk with grayish-green leaves It is versatile and easy to find in most grocery stores. Broccoli is considered to be one of the most nutritious vegetables and, when cooked properly. Easy Roasted Broccoli Haiku: "No need to use bowl. Just toss with oil on pan. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable rich in nutrients.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food broccoli & asparagus soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!