Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, peri peri fried chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook peri peri fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Peri Peri Fried Chicken:
- Take 1 chicken breast weighing around 130g,
- Prepare 1 cup whole fat milk,
- Take 1 tbsp lemon juice,
- Take 1.5 heaped tbsp porridge oats, (not the finely milled kind),
- Prepare 2 tbsp plain flour,
- Make ready 1 heaped tbsp peri peri powdered seasoning,
- Take 1 tsp garlic granules,
- Get 1 tsp smoked paprika,
- Get Salt and pepper to season
- Take Cooking oil for shallow frying,
- Take 1.5 tbsp peri peri sauce of your choice for glazing
Steps to make Peri Peri Fried Chicken:
- Combine the cup of whole milk and lemon juice in a bowl and stir. Leave at room temperature for 5-6 minutes until it thickens slightly. Take the chicken breast and cover in a layer of cling film on a chopping board and using a rolling pin smash it out so it's the same thickness all the way along so it cooks evenly.
- Place the chicken into the milk and lemon mixture. Refrigerate for around ten minutes.
- In a bowl combine the oats, flour and dried spices and garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Tip out onto a tray or dinner plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat up a large frying pan with around 1/2 cm oil in until hot enough that if you put a tiny bit of flour in it sizzles. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Fry the chicken for a few seconds each side in the hot oil until golden. Then transfer it into a wire rack and bake until cooked through, this should take around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and baste the crispy fried chicken in peri peri sauce until glazed. Serve up in a burger or with your choice of sides and enjoy! :)
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food peri peri fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!