Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sweet potato chickpeas curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato chickpeas curry using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry:
- Make ready 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Get 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- Prepare 1 can chickpeas, drained
- Prepare 10 baby tomatoes
- Take 1 can coconut milk
- Prepare 1 big sweet potato (cubed)
- Prepare 1 tbsp garam masala
- Take 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Take 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/4 tsp red chile flakes
- Get 1 cup baby spinach
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chile flakes, and salt. Add spinach right before serving.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sweet potato chickpeas curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!