Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sticky and spicy pork belly with lemon, thyme and red onion basmati rice. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sticky and spicy pork belly with lemon, thyme and red onion basmati rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sticky and Spicy Pork Belly with Lemon, Thyme and Red Onion Basmati Rice:
- Make ready Pork Belly Marinate
- Take 1-2 Pork Belly Slice(s)
- Make ready 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Take 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Get 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Make ready 1 Tsp Garlic Granules
- Make ready 1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
- Take Seasoning (Salt&Black Pepper)
- Get Rice Ingredients
- Take 2-3 Cups Basmati Rice
- Get 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Get 2 Fresh Lemon (Juice and Zest)
- Get 2 Red Onions(Medium Sized)Sliced
Instructions to make Sticky and Spicy Pork Belly with Lemon, Thyme and Red Onion Basmati Rice:
- Marinate the pork with marinade ingredients. Add a drizzle of chilli oil and sesame oil to a hot frying pan. Place the pork belly(fatty side) down to render the fats. Once crisped, transfer to a foil lined oven tray and place in middle rack in a preheated oven at 180’C(fatty side up). Cook for 20-25mins.
- Meanwhile, shallow fry the mangetouts in the same frying pan for 2-5 mins.(keep warm). Combine the rice, thyme and lemon juice and zest in a sauce pan. Pour in cold water (finger tip space between the water and rice) and cook for 10-12mins at medium heat.
- Serving Suggestion
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sticky and spicy pork belly with lemon, thyme and red onion basmati rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!