Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, grilled eggplant in anchovy oil. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook grilled eggplant in anchovy oil using 6 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Eggplant in Anchovy Oil:
- Get 6 medium size Eggplant (for grilling)
- Take 60 ml Anchovy Oil
- Get 2 clove Garlic (finely minced…refer to Steps 7 and 8)
- Make ready 1 tbsp Basil (finely minced/may substitute with other dried herbs or may omit)
- Prepare 2 pinch Sea salt…A
- Take 1 Black pepper…A
Steps to make Grilled Eggplant in Anchovy Oil:
- Prepare <Grilled Eggplant> usingor. Use whatever recipe you are used to for cooking grilled eggplant. - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146099-basic-grilled-eggplant-kyoto-obanzai-style
- Cut the eggplant into 3-4 cm pieces. When peeling the skin use skewers/toothpicks to remove the eggplant attached to the skin and place the eggplant in a separate bowl.
- Place the eggplant into a bowl with its juice. Add the garlic and basil and mix.
- Prepare the <Anchovy Oil>and add it to the eggplant and season with the "A" ingredients. Store the eggplant marinade in a sterilized container.
- [Note] If the grilled eggplant is not fully immersed in oil within the container then add more oil. Refer to Step 20.
- For the <Grilled Eggplant> the oil itself is not used in cooking later on, so the garlic is can be finely minced…
- It is also fine to peel the garlic cloves and cut them into 1/3 as in.
- In order to adjust the salt content, I season with the "A" ingredients in moderation.
- After 3 days (not so much after 1-2 days), the eggplant will start to absorb the salt content from the oil and will result in a stronger flavor.
- Accordingly, I recommend adjusting the seasonings in Step 4 depending on when you will be serving them.
- If the eggplant unexpectedly becomes too salty after several days, add extra virgin olive oil (not anchovy oil).
- Adjust both the amount of garlic and "A" ingredients to taste. You will know what's best once you make it several times.
- Tightly seal the sterilized lid and it's finished. It's delicious to eat right away, but it will become more flavorful as the days go by, since the eggplant will absorb the oil.
- The carmelized sweetness and flavor unique to grilled eggplants will also transfer to the oil.
- Of course, eaten by itself is good, but it's also tasty to add a small amount of anchovies on top when serving. It is also nice to toss in some capers.
- Here it is rolled with cured ham, as shown in the top photo. These are best consumed within 1-2 days of marinating, when the salt content has not fully absorbed.
- It's simply cured ham cut into approximately 3 cm widths, and rolled around the eggplant, but it's really delicious. I love it and so does everyone else.
- This is a lightly grilled mini camembert with eggplant on top. With infinite arrangements, you can come up with easy antipastos…
- It's like a blend of Japanese and Western cuisine. It's not the authentic Italian recipe, but it is perhaps my favorite recipe for anything marinated in oil.
- [Note…Length of Storage] Make sure the grilled eggplant is completely immersed in oil at all times so that it is not in contact with air. This will delay any spoiling.
- As I add the anchovy oil/garlic, I also add a tiny amount of salt while taste testing.
- Refrigeration will harden the oil, but the oil will return to its liquid state if left at room temperature or soaked in lukewarm water.
- At our house, this gets eaten up very quickly, but we have stored it for up to 3 weeks.
- is Oil Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes. This is also highly recommended.
- If you do not like anchovies, make Pure Garlic Oil Ver. 2 frominstead of the anchovy oil.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food grilled eggplant in anchovy oil recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!