Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, filipino glutinous rice cake(biko). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have filipino glutinous rice cake(biko) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko):
- Take 1 kg. Glutinous Rice
- Take 250-300 grams brown sugar
- Take 2 cups coconut milk (divided into 2cups)see note 1.
- Make ready Pandan leaves or vanilla essence (optional)
- Prepare note 1
- Get 1 cup for toppings(latik)1cups for our sugar/Glutinous rice
Instructions to make Filipino Glutinous Rice Cake(Biko):
- Wash and cook the glutinous rice just like the way we cook normal rice but lessen the water,add the clean pandan leaves.
- While cooking the glutinous rice we can cook now our latik or toppings,in a frying pan pour the coconut milk or coconut cream.let it boil and simmer then stir constantly to avoid burning,when the oil extracted already and golden brown color appear it's done.separate the coconut oil from the latik.
- When glutinous rice was cooked,we can now start cooking
- In a wok pour the coconut milk, let it boil..then add the sugar,stir to dissolve the sugar and let it boil again for a couple of minutes.
- When it's thick already,we can now add our cooked glutinous rice and constantly stir or mix it until its done,we can say it is done when we stir it and it's so sticky or almost all of the glutinous rice was stick on your ladle.
- Quickly transfer to a greased tray(use the coconut oil for greasing the tray)then flatten it.
- Put our toppings (latik),then serve
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food filipino glutinous rice cake(biko) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!