Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, lamb casserole with dumplings. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook lamb casserole with dumplings using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lamb Casserole with Dumplings:
- Take 1 kg boneless lamb shoulder, diced
- Make ready 2 leeks, sliced
- Take 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Take 3 celery stalks, sliced
- Take 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- Take 2 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 oxo cube
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp paprika
- Prepare 650 ml stock (I use 2 Knorr Chicken stock pots)
- Prepare For the dumplings:
- Make ready 45 g butter, diced (plus extra for glazing)
- Get 150 g self-raising flour
- Take 1 egg
- Make ready 4 tbsp fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped
- Get 75 ml milk
Instructions to make Lamb Casserole with Dumplings:
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan. Heat 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a overproof casserole dish, over a medium high heat. Add the lamb and brown all over you may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches.
- Add the leek, carrot, celery, onion and garlic to the lamb, stir until combined. Add the Oxo, garlic powder and paprika, then the stock. Cover dish with a lid, then place in the oven and cook for 1¾ hours.
- When the lamb has been cooking for 1½ hours, make the dumplings. Place the flour in a medium bowl, add the butter and rub it into the flour. Lightly beat the egg then add with the herbs and milk into the centre of the flour. Bring together to make a soft and sticky dough.
- Remove the dish from the oven, stir the lamb well, season to taste. Drop rounded dessertspoons of the dumpling mixture on top of the lamb mixture about 2cm apart, then brush with a little more melted butter.
- Return the dish to the oven. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the dumplings are browned and cooked through.
Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food lamb casserole with dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!