Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, spinach & feta filo pie (zelyanitsa). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spinach & Feta Filo Pie (Zelyanitsa) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Spinach & Feta Filo Pie (Zelyanitsa) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Перевод слова spinach, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, примеры использования. Spinach is a leafy, green vegetable. It is one of the most nutritious foods on earth. Here is detailed health and nutrition information about spinach.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spinach & feta filo pie (zelyanitsa) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach & Feta Filo Pie (Zelyanitsa):
- Prepare 500-600 g filo dough sheets (typically 2 boxes for a medium-large pan)
- Make ready 500 g feta cheese or other white soft cheese
- Take 1/2 tub soured cream or plain yoghurt
- Take 500 g spinach, cooked, chopped and drained of liquid
- Prepare 2 eggs
- Make ready Milk (if needed for consistency)
- Get Olive oil or butter
- Get 150 ml sparkling water
- Get pastry brush
- Get 3 tbs oregano or herbs de provable or za’atar (can also mix, to taste)
- Get Salt to taste (none needed if feta cheese)
Spinach may also help with several health conditions, according to Megan Ware, a registered dietitian nutritionist based in Spinach is believed to come from Persia, according to Arizona State University. From Middle English spinach, from Anglo-Norman spinache, from Old French espinoche, from Old Occitan espinarc, from Arabic إِسْفَانَاخ (ʾisfānāḵ), from Persian اسپناخ (espanâx). (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˈspɪnɪt͡ʃ/, /ˈspɪnɪd͡ʒ/. spinach (countable and uncountable, plural spinaches). Berg Keto Consultant today and get the help you need on your journey. Wikipedia Article About Spinach on Wikipedia.
Instructions to make Spinach & Feta Filo Pie (Zelyanitsa):
- Flash boil spinach or defrost frozen spinach. Drain of liquid as much as possible, otherwise spanakopita will be soggy.
- Crumble feta cheese and mix with soured cream or yoghurt, eggs and add more yoghurt or a bit of milk if needed, so it has a consistency that is easy to spread. Add spinach and spices and mix well. Set aside.
- Prepare two bowls, one with olive oil or melted butter, one with sparkling water.
- Open the pack of filo, making sure it's had a couple of hours to unfreeze if frozen, and lay it on a clean cloth. Moisten another kitchen cloth lightly and cover the filo, as it can dry out pretty quickly and become brittle..
- Take a pan of medium thickness and grease well. This can be baked in pan of any shape, including a cake mould, just make sure the pan is not too deep (it will not cook through) or too shallow (not as tasty as it will have too little of the filling)
- Set yourself on a workstation - there is an assembly line quality to this process, and the pie can be set pretty quickly.
- Grease the pan well. Layer the bottom of the pan with a folded sheet. Grease fully with pastry brush. Repeat the process until 3-4 layers have been laid - this is to prevent soggy bottom and to hold the filling.
- Several spoons of filling and spread around. Cover with another layer of dough, and lightly sprinkle sparkling water with your fingers on top of it. Follow by another layer of filo, grease the filo and then add another layer of filling. Repeat.
- When done, add extra layers on top - I usually put 2-3 sheets and grease them all in between. Pierce the pie with fork in multiple places to aid baking and cover the baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Pre-heat over to 200C. Put the pie in the middle of the over, fan on, and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes,depending on strength of the oven. Once the edges start to brown, remove the aluminum foil and let the top layer brown and become crispy.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for at least 15-20 minutes to set.
- Cut in pieces and serve with salad or soup or as an appetiser on its own. It also makes a great breakfast food. Enjoy!
- Refrigerates well and can be a great snack for several days.
Berg Keto Consultant today and get the help you need on your journey. Wikipedia Article About Spinach on Wikipedia. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a flowering plant in the family Amaranthaceae, native to central and southwestern Asia. It is an annual plant (rarely biennial), which grows to a height of up to one metre. Spinach is a dark, leafy green vegetable that is packed with vitamins and other nutrients.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spinach & feta filo pie (zelyanitsa) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!