Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, bacon and onion pudding. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I know that I certainly can. A delicious, very easy to make, suet pastry pudding.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have bacon and onion pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon and onion pudding:
- Take 200 g self raising flour
- Prepare 110 g beef suet
- Make ready 200 ml cold water
- Get 1 large onion (sliced)
- Get 10-12 rashers streaky bacon
- Get 1 beef stock cube
- Prepare Knob butter
- Get to taste pepper
Instructions to make Bacon and onion pudding:
- Mix together the flour and suet, gradually add water but by bit until you get a dough like consistency. If to sticky add more flour. You want a nice ball of dough that you are able to roll out. Place some tin foil on the side and then a layer of greaseproof paper on top roll out mixture to about the thickness of a pound coin. Then brush with melted butter.
- Season with pepper and place a layer of onions all over. Then crumble over stock cube. then a layer of bacon.
- Now carefully from the bottom working up roll it up like a roly poly, using the paper to help keep it tight. Fold over the ends of the paper and then repeat with the tin foil so you have a tight sausage shape.
- Place 2 large foil balls into the slow cooker on low and add some boiling water into the bottom. Place the pudding on top of the balls so it’s not sitting in the water. Place lid onto slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Note: can also be done in the steamer this will take 2 and 1/2 hours.
You must have some superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. See to it that you consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Green living offers you a solid diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.
Hands up if you can remember your Mum or Nan making this for you at home? I know that I certainly can. This is an old fashioned favourite of mine which my. A delicious, very easy to make, suet pastry pudding. I usually serve it with shredded cabbage and mash - pure comfort food! Take the suet patry dough and roll out quite thinly. Once rolled, place the bacon all over the pastry and sprinkle the onions over the bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roll up like a swiss roll put inside a tea towel. You could find a recipe for steak and kidney pudding and just substitute the steak and kidney for bacon and onion. I have personally done this and it worked a treat. It is also referred to as simply, bacon and onion suet pudding. Rennie has launched a campaign called 'Cooking through the Decades' where they are challenging food bloggers to cook a. As one of eight children her family was "very poor" but "fed well" by her mother, who often turned to the Sussex bacon and onion pudding. "The foods of childhood remind me of being home with mum and my many siblings and it brings back many good memories," said Ms Johnson, who grew up in Hove. Mix potatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper.. pan. Add the bacon and onion mixture to the soaked bread and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients - continue to mix them together thoroughly. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Mix in the suet and herbs and mix to a soft dough with water. How to make Bacon and Onion Bread Pudding.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food bacon and onion pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!