Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, ultra-easy plump squid stuffed with rice (ikameshi) and teriyaki-style sauce. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have ultra-easy plump squid stuffed with rice (ikameshi) and teriyaki-style sauce using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ultra-Easy Plump Squid Stuffed with Rice (Ikameshi) and Teriyaki-Style Sauce:
- Get 2 Squid (Japanese flying squid)
- Take 2 heaping rice bowls or so Hot cooked rice
- Get 2 pieces Ginger
- Get 4 tbsp ☆Teriyaki sauce (See below)
- Prepare 2 tbsp ☆Sake
- Get 1 to 3 teaspoons ☆Sugar
- Prepare 300 ml ☆Water
- Get 1 tbsp Mirin (at the end to bring out the shine)
- Prepare 2 Toothpicks
- Make ready Mrs. Adachi's teriyaki sauce (easy to make amount)
- Take 200 ml Soy sauce
- Prepare 400 ml Mirin
Instructions to make Ultra-Easy Plump Squid Stuffed with Rice (Ikameshi) and Teriyaki-Style Sauce:
- First, how to make Mrs. Adachi's teriyaki sauce. Combine the soy sauce and mirin in a pan over high heat. When it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low, and simmer until the liquid has reduced to half its original volume. That's it.
- Stick a disposable chopstick in vertically to measure the liquid level. It's easier to gauge when it's reduced to half this way. Skim off any scum too.
- Now, to make the stuffed squid, first use a piece of ginger that's about this size. Use the teaspoon next to it for scale.
- Peel the ginger. If you scrape it with a spoon, it should come off cleanly.
- Slice half of the ginger thinly, and julienne the rest to make 'ginger needles.' Soak the julienned ginger in water, then drain.
- We'll use the body of the squid only. I used a 24 cm long Surume squid (remove the tentacles) this time. See below for instructions on how to prep the squid.
- Optional: If you have a sweet tooth, prefer the rice to be sweet, or if serving this to children, mix in 1 to 2 teaspoons of the teriyaki sauce (not listed).
- Wash the squid body well, pat the outside and the inside dry, and stuff with rice. Stuff it completely, including the pointed tip. Secure the opening with toothpicks.
- Put the ☆ flavoring ingredients in a pan over high heat. We'll cook everything over high heat.
- When the sauce is boiling properly, put in the stuffed squid. Roll it around the pot.
- After a minute or so, add the thinly sliced ginger. Keep rolling the squid around the pot.
- In a few minutes, the sauce will start to thicken. It should bubble up with big bubbles as shown in this photo. Add the mirin.
- Shake and swirl the pan to coat the squid with the sauce very well. When the sauce looks thick and sticky, it's done! Turn the heat off and leave the squid to cool in the sauce.
- When it has cooled down a bit, slice into any thickness you like. If you rinse the knife blade after every cut, each slice will be neat and clean. Serve with the julienned ginger!
- To see how to prepare a squid, please take a look at my method, described in. - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171799-how-to-clean-squid-you-can-eat-the-legs-and-liver-too
- Please also take a look at, "For Squid Liver Lovers! Squid Legs and Liver Cooked in Foil." - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/188052-for-squid-liver-lovers-squid-legs-and-liver-cooked-in-foil
Your daily diet need to include at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you need to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. Green living offers you a healthy eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food ultra-easy plump squid stuffed with rice (ikameshi) and teriyaki-style sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!