Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is something that I have loved my whole life.
Split pea soup is so easy! It's a great for a meal or as a side dish. This will fill you up and warm your belly and it's so good! Split Pea Soup with Rosemary. "This soup is simple and fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Prepare 1 lb. dry split green peas
- Take 4 smoked bacon slices
- Get 2 tbsp. bacon fat
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Get 1 cup onions, small diced
- Make ready 2/3 cup carrot, small diced
- Make ready 2/3 cup celery, small diced
- Prepare 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp. basil leaves cut in strips
- Prepare 1 chicken cube chicken bouillon
- Take 1 tsp. salt
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Get 8 cups pork stock, chicken stock or water
- Take feta cheese bruscheta
- Make ready 12 baguette bread slices
- Take 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Get 2 smoked bacon slices cooked and diced
- Make ready 2/3 cup feta cheese, small diced
- Make ready 2 tsp. chopped oregano
- Make ready 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Get 1/2 tsp. paprika powder
To me, split pea soup tastes like home. However, when I tried to replicate our family recipe on my own, I always had trouble finding a ham bone. Here, I cut down on the hands-on time by making the croutons in the oven. I added smoked cheese to emulate the smoky, salty ham flavor missing from.
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. - Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. - Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together.
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. - Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. - Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender.
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more.
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA - Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. - Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. - In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano.
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. - Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown.
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips.
Here, I cut down on the hands-on time by making the croutons in the oven. I added smoked cheese to emulate the smoky, salty ham flavor missing from. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup. This unique soup combines the best of split pea and potato soups with some crispy bacon for extra flavor.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!