Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Asparagus, Spring Onion, and Feta Quiche (Aunt Rose's Quiche). Be the first to rate & review! Asparagus, Spring Onion, and Feta Quiche (Aunt Rose's Quiche). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Brunch like a boss with Aunt Rose's spring asparagus quiche.
Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche:
- Take 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, packed grated
- Prepare 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- Get 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Take 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Take 100 gm unsalted butter(cold),grated
- Take 5 tbsp buttermilk,cold
- Prepare Ingredients for the filling
- Make ready 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Take 2 & 1/2 cup spring onion(bulbs)
- Get 11 bunch (400-450 gm approximately) asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- Make ready 1 tsp Salt,divided
- Take 1 tsp black pepper powder, divided
- Take 1 cup heavy cream
- Take 3 tbsp spring onion leaves, chopped
- Make ready 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Take 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Prepare 1 cup feta,crumbled
- Take 8 eggs
Even though the top may appear perfectly golden and crispy, the inside is still playing catching up. Spring vegetables shine in this easy, simple quiche. There's nothing more versatile than a quiche. Since spring veggies are abundant right now, we sauté up asparagus and spring onion with thick-cut crispy bacon chunks.
Instructions to make Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche:
- For the pastry: In a bowl add all the ingredients for pastry except butter and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Add the grated butter and using fingertips mix into the flour until a sand like consistency is reached.
- Add cold buttermilk gently bring it together slightly. Tip into a clean, lightly floured surface.
- Gently bring the dough together until it all comes together.
- Flatten the dough into a disc.Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degree
- Gently roll out the dough and place in a greased 10" pie/quiche pan.Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Blind bake the pastry For 12 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Fill with the quiche filling
- For the filling : In a skillet melt butter. Add garlic and spring onion bulbs. Saute on medium heat till onions soften and start changing colour..
- Add asparagus along with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder. Saute on low heat for 8- 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Place half the onion mixture in the pastry shell and spread evenly ;sprinkle half the crumbled feta on top. Spoon half the cream mixture over the feta. Repeat layer once more.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 55 minutes to1 hour until set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let col for 20 - 30 minutes before serving.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cream, spring onion leaves, parsley, nutmeg powder,1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper powder and eggs. Whisk together using a balloon whisk until all the ingredients are well combined
There's nothing more versatile than a quiche. Since spring veggies are abundant right now, we sauté up asparagus and spring onion with thick-cut crispy bacon chunks. Technically this is a crustless quiche, but the addition of flour makes for a delicious crusty bottom and sides. Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture. Pour quiche base into prepared pan.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!