Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, baked spaghetti casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked Spaghetti Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Baked Spaghetti Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have baked spaghetti casserole using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Spaghetti Casserole:
- Make ready Meat Sauce:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Take 1 lb. ground beef
- Get 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) no salt added crushed tomatoes
- Prepare 1 tsp. each brown sugar. dried basil
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Make ready Pasta & Cheesy Layers:
- Get 1 box (16 oz.) thin spaghetti pasta
- Get 2 large eggs
- Prepare 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare 5 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- Prepare 2 cups ricotta cheese
- Make ready 2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Get 1 cup freshly shredded white cheddar
- Take 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
Steps to make Baked Spaghetti Casserole:
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the beef and cook, breaking it up, until it's browned throughout. Then drain any excess grease and add the onion to the skillet. Once the onion softens up, add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, basil, salt and pepper, then lower the heat and let it simmer while you start cooking the pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan and set it aside. Cook the spaghetti until al dente in a large pot of salted water. When it's ready, drain it and return it to the pot. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter and grated parmesan cheese together. Then pour it over the drained pasta and toss to fully coat. Place the shredded mozzarella, parmesan and white cheddar in a bowl and toss together to integrate it all together.
- Place half of the pasta into the prepared pan, then top with half of the ricotta and half of the meat sauce. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese blend over that, then repeat the layers with the rest. Make sure to completely cover the pasta with the top layer of sauce. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil, and bake another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has started to brown. Let it cool for 10 or so minutes, then slice into squares and serve.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food baked spaghetti casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!