Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cheeseburger casserole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cheeseburger casserole using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheeseburger Casserole:
- Take 2 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- Prepare 1 Cup Water
- Prepare 1 Cup Ketchup
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Take 2 Cups Shredded American Cheese
- Prepare 2 Cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheets
- Prepare 1 egg, beaten
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Make ready Equipment
- Make ready Large Non-Stick Skillet (or 2 small ones if necessary)
- Get 1 (3 Quart) Glass Baking Dish
- Make ready Whisk (or fork) to beat egg
- Prepare 1 Pastry/Basting/Cooking Brush (or fork) to brush egg
- Get Cutting Board and Knife
- Get Non-Stick Spray
- Get Spatula
- Make ready Strainer
- Take Optional Variations
- Take I use spicy ketchup, Whataburger brand
- Get Add 1/2 Cup of Chopped Dill Pickles or Chopped Green Chiles
- Get Season meat more with Tony Chachere's or whatever else you like
- Take Remove bottom layer of crescent dough if you feel it's too much
- Get 1/2 ingredients except cheese, egg and seeds for smaller version
- Take Sprinkle diced tomatoes on top when it's ready to serve
Instructions to make Cheeseburger Casserole:
- Start to heat oven to 375° F. Begin to brown Ground Meat in Large Skillet, stirring frequently. You will also add the onions (and Green Chiles if you chose) to the meat and cook them down together.
- While the meat and onions are cooking, you may beat the egg in a small bowl. Also unroll one of the Crescent Dough Sheets on the cutting board and cut into six big, even size pieces. Spray the Glass Baking Dish with Non-Stick Spray, then line the bottom of the dish with the dough pieces into one even layer.
- Once meat is cooked thoroughly, turn off burner, drain meat/onions through the strainer and then add it back to the skillet. Stir in the Mustard, Ketchup, Water, Pepper and whatever else you chose to season the meat. (This is also when to add the Chopped Pickles if you chose)
- Spoon the filling mixture into the Glass Baking Dish on top of the first layer of Crescent Dough Sheet and smooth it out into a nice even layer. Sprinkle the Shredded American Cheese evenly on top.
- Unroll the last Crescent Dough Sheet on the cutting board and cut the same six, big even size pieces. Place those pieces on top the cheese forming an even top layer, small gaps are ok.
- Brush the top layer of the Crescent Dough Sheet with the beaten egg to where the whole surface is lightly covered. Take the Sesame Seeds and sprinkle across the whole top layer as the finishing touch.
- Place Glass Baking Dish in middle rack of oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until dough is a nice golden brown. Take out carefully and you're done!
- I recommend cutting and serving with a wide, flat spatula. French Fries/Tater Tots or Mac N' Cheese have proven to be very good sides for this dish.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food cheeseburger casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!